• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC High Priority causes bad connection with steam based servers

GooseBolt

Terrarian
I've been playing for a while, and Terraria has always been lagging on my computer but only now did I discover priority in the task manager. As recommended in many places I tried setting Terraria to High Priority. I've never had connection issues before. Maybe the occasional CONNECTING issue but never have I entered a server, froze then lost connection. I assume it's the high priority but could be my own internet as well since no one else is having connection issues. I was told to come here from the discord for real technical advice. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Computer specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
Ram: 4G
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

darthmorf

Staff member
To clarify, did you turn off high priority to see if it resolved your issue? Has the issue persisted over multiple hours/days/weeks?

Also, I'm afraid your PC doesn't meet the minimum specs to play the game - you're reccomended to have a processor with at least 2.0GHz, so you being on an underpowered system certainly won't help.

Top Bottom