Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have a 1080p monitor but can run terraria on higher resolutions without any problems, i used to play terraria at 4k before the 1.4 update so i could see a lot more of the game when fully zoomed out, however i cant do that now as the minimum zoom allowed for 1440p or 4k is an equivalent of 1080p im not sure if this is a bug but i was able to zoom out a lot more when playing on higher resolutions before 1.4
The zoom slidebar says:

Zoom: 100% (133%) on 1440p
Zoom: 100% (200%) on 4k

And you cant go lower than that.

This is intentional for Vanilla Terraria. It's to make sure enemies can't spawn on screen, which happens when the screen is too wide.

This is intentional for Vanilla Terraria. It's to make sure enemies can't spawn on screen, which happens when the screen is too wide.
I know enemies spawned on screen when fully zoomed out, i didnt play like that all the time though, player was too small, but for boss fights it was a godsent, some bosses attack you from outside of the screen and their attacks can be super fast once shot at you giving you almost no change of dodging them.
I hope this gets added back as it really helps see boss patterns better and it gives you a better chance at winning those battles.

This is not a bug, and is intended behavior. We added this in 1.3.5.3, so the only thing confusing me is that you were able to play like this before . . . was it possible that you were playing it like this before 1.3.5.3? Its been like this for several years now.

tModLoader can zoom all the way out, I think that is why a lot of people are noticing this now. People got used to it on modded, then the update came out, and everyone is playing vanilla, and feel that it's a recent change.

I have this problem on Widescreen. I have a 2560x1080 screen, and the game is far too zoomed in (133%). The horizontal zoom is only slightly more than 1920x1080, but the vertical zoom is way more. If I change the game resolution to 1920x1080 the game is way more playable because everything doesn't look huge, but downscaling my resolution makes the game look bad and washed out.

Haha, what are you guys talking about? i can only zoom in XD

If your resolution size is high enough, there is a "minimum" zoom applied that automatically increases the zoom level even at "100%". You would not see it unless your resolution size was over a certain threshold.

If your resolution size is high enough, there is a "minimum" zoom applied that automatically increases the zoom level even at "100%". You would not see it unless your resolution size was over a certain threshold.
Yeah i don't have a big monitor :(

Back
Top Bottom