Weapons & Equip Higher-tier equipable items?

I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything like this before, but I feel that it should be brought up regardless:
I was thinking that it would be nice to have more levels in the Tinkerer's Workshop. Combining the current highest tier items with similar items which are also at the end of their respective trees would be really nice. It would allow for more diversity in game-play, as well as giving players more to do later in the game. We all know that there's a point in Terraria where things seem to slow down, and the only things which can be improved are armour and weapons (along with the occasional boss-dropped equipable item). I have several ideas about this concept, and I think it would be great if this idea could reach enough people for it to be considered for a later update.​
My ideas are as follows:
1. Themed items being combined to make one item (e.g. Lava Waders + Fire Gauntlet, Bee Cloak + Sweetheart Necklace, or Celestial Cuffs + Mana Flower)
2. Adding more equipable items to the game in order to make more class-based items. This could also allow for almost all of the equipable items in the game to funnel down into about 24 class-specific items (6 for each class). The Ankh Shield could probably already be considered one of the six melee items.
3. Maybe make an additional item for each class, crafted out of expert-exclusive items. Each of the pre-hardmode bosses could have a chance to drop one of these items; which would make for five class-specific items, and one non-specific item. Beyond that point, I can't really think of a way to improve this idea.​
Any further ideas and suggestions would be great. I would love to see this idea become reality. Thank you for taking the time to read this. :happy:

well, this is nice. not to sure about fire gauntlet + lava waders, but the rest make sense. mana flower = celestial cuffs may be a little op though.

I understand that it may be OP, but these suggestions are for late game items. With the addition of more items, by the time you would be able to use something like that, it would match the level you would be at otherwise. You know? There must be a way to balance things like that.

I understand that it may be OP, but these suggestions are for late game items. With the addition of more items, by the time you would be able to use something like that, it would match the level you would be at otherwise. You know? There must be a way to balance things like that.
of course, but an OP item being late game doesn't always make it justifiable. it may work out, but it could turn into an "I don't want to use two or more slots for this" item.

mana flower = celestial cuffs may be a little op though.

I don't know about you, but I think the Mana Flower is one of the worst accessories in the game, I mean what's the point if there's literally a mana hotkey? Nothing uses mana that fast besides the Last Prism or Unholy Trident really, and the lessened mana usage is absolutely piddly.

Back
Top Bottom