Weapons & Equip HM Compound Sword, anyone?

Jack Morgan

Skeletron Prime
Hey there, people! This is my first suggestion, so be gentle.

My favorite thing when first playing Terraria was how you gathered the most powerful swords around and forged them together to unlock the most powerful sword: The Night's Edge. I hope to recreate some of that feeling for Hardmode with this suggestion. It also touches on the pretty common idea of an upgrade for the Terra Blade, but with a good bit more.

The Swords:
Night's Edge contained Muramasa ( Dungeon ), Blade of Grass ( Jungle ), Light's Bane/Whatever the Crimson one is ( Evil Biome ), and Fiery Greatsword ( Hell ).

This new, HM sword is made of Keybrand ( Dungeon ), Seedler ( Jungle ), Terra Blade ( Evil/Good Biomes ), and Frostbrand ( Snow, the opposite temperature of Hell ).
Alongside those, you will also require a Broken Hero Sword, and a Sword Charm, an item now dropped by Golem at a 10% chance ( Unaffected by his other drops ).

Craft them together at a mythril anvil and you get:

Imported piskel (70).png

The Wanderer's Blade
"Welcome home, traveler."
110 Damage
6.5 Knockback
5% Crit Chance
20 Use Time

It also shoots a projectile that acts similar to the Demon Scythe magic weapon, except accelerating much faster. The projectile does full weapon damage, and can pass through one block or pierce one enemy. When striking an enemy, the projectile produces a small explosion that does 80 damage to surrounding enemies.

However, that's not quite the end. After defeating the Lunar events, you will be able to upgrade the sword into one of two different options:

The Wanderer's Blade + 10 Luminite Bars + 5 Heart Crystals + 5 Life fruits @Ancient Manipulator = The Blade of the Land

OR

The Wanderer's Blade + 10 Luminite Bars + 5 Mana Crystals + 5 Ectoplasm @Ancient Manipulator = The Blade of the Beyond
Both the swords are mostly the same, with a few differences.
Imported piskel (71).png
/
Imported piskel (69).png

The Blade of the the Land/The Blade of the Beyond
"Look around. All this is yours."/"Look up to the stars at night."
160 Damage
7 Knockback
5% Crit Chance
18 Use Time

They both use projectiles that act similar to the Wanderer's, but one key difference:
The Land's main projectile, upon killing an enemy, will spawn three red homing projectiles that go through blocks and deal 80 damage to the nearest enemy.
The Beyond's main projectile, upon killing an enemy, will spawn a wall of purple fire that will deal 100 damage and a large amount of knockback to the first enemy enemy that touches it, then dissipating. It will last for a minute before disappearing without an enemy touching it.

The three small projectiles/fire wall will not be spawned by the sword itself, only the main projectiles.

All three of the swords are autoswing, and the last two emit a small amount of light when swung.

That's all I got. I apologize if the stats are horrible, I'm not the best at balance. Feel free to suggest something better and I'll update the post when I can.

How'd I do?

Last edited:
Considering the tier you get it, the life steal seems kind of pointless. You've already fought the Moon Lord, which has a pretty common ability that renders lifesteal useless. Also Frostbrand seems too early on to go into a sword with things like Keybrand and Seedler, which you only get post-Plantera, better options could be Christmas Tree Sword (even better if you want to keep the Snow Biome theme), Horseman's Blade and Influx Waver. I'd say lower the stats a bit (115-135 damage maybe) and replace the Luminite Bars with Solar Fragments instead.

Considering the tier you get it, the life steal seems kind of pointless. You've already fought the Moon Lord, which has a pretty common ability that renders lifesteal useless. Also Frostbrand seems too early on to go into a sword with things like Keybrand and Seedler, which you only get post-Plantera, better options could be Christmas Tree Sword (even better if you want to keep the Snow Biome theme), Horseman's Blade and Influx Waver. I'd say lower the stats a bit (115-135 damage maybe) and replace the Luminite Bars with Solar Fragments instead.

You make a good point, I'll change the lifesteal into something else. I want to keep it post ML, seeing as how the fragments all have their own two weapons and all. I'll lower the damage a touch, though.

As for Frostbrand, I know it's a bit early. The reason I didn't add Horseman's Blade, Christmas Tree Sword, and Influx waver is that they're tied to events, as opposed to biomes. If I've forgotten a better biome-based sword, someone please tell me.

It hurts to read.

Gimme a sec to fix that.

This looks pretty cool. I like it.

Thanks!

Lastly, sprites are on the way! They should be on the OP soon.

Edit: Sprites are done did, Damage lowered a bit, and changed Beyond's special ability.

Last edited:
Good lord.... trying to get Keybrand to craft this....

I would love some more LifeSteal weapons. Especially LifeSteal + Going through Blocks...

Death Sickle combined with Vampire Knives would make me so happy...called Soul Reaper/Eater or something

Last edited:
It shouldnt use Terrablade, Seelder, or Frostbrand. Also the sprites are a bit boring for an endgame weapon. And this is in the wrong forum.

Back
Top Bottom