Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was using the celestial starboard for this, haven't tested with other wings. Hold a portal gun, and suddenly you will not be able to stop moving left and right while flying, as if there's no more air friction.

I was using the celestial starboard for this, haven't tested with other wings. Hold a portal gun, and suddenly you will not be able to stop moving left and right while flying, as if there's no more air friction.
I’m pretty sure this is intentional as I use it all the time as an advantage. Btw this has been in the game before 1.4

Ah, hmm. I assume it is a bug since the gun doesn't mention that as a feature/bonus. I don't know how exactly it works, but maybe something different is going on under the hood with physics when you use portals? Since the portals stay behind even when you're not holding the gun, it's strange that it only happens when you hold it. Apologies if this was actually an intentional feature.

Ah, so maybe it's unintentional that it applies to flying as well? You can already achieve the same results by holding the buttons. Though it would still make sense if it was intentional now that I think about it.

I believe this is intentional. It mimics the physics of the game series Portal (1 and 2) where while falling, you also cannot easily change direction, and thus, acceleration while moving forwards and falling, in increased.

EDIT: Which is simply applied to the wings. It seems a bit weird, but eh, it's not the easiest to pull off since moving at all messes up your alignment with the portal you're trying to get into.

Last edited:
Ah, so maybe it's unintentional that it applies to flying as well? You can already achieve the same results by holding the buttons. Though it would still make sense if it was intentional now that I think about it.
It's a feature. Portal gun change player physics as well as slime mount.

Back
Top Bottom