PC Houses with 2 npcs in it, in the caverns, not recognised as a town!

Sapphirejas

Terrarian
For some reason, even though I have two npcs in the same house in the caverns (close to the underworld) the game doesn’t recognise it as a town. The demolitionist even sells pylons and I have pylon next to the two npcs. The dryad (I don’t have jungle town yet) for some reason said that she is alone, even though she is next to (above) the demolitionist. The cavern music plays instead of the town music, and it’s really annoying with all the monsters that are spawning. Is this a 1.4 bug?! How can I make the two npcs close to each other an actual town?

Is it possible that there was a Travelling Merchant around at the time? For purpose of town recognition he does count as an NPC and if there are two local NPCs + travelling merchant, area is recognized as town for as long as he's here. I had same thing happen to one of my towns when it only had two NPCs. He shows up and suddenly music is different.

Is it possible that there was a Travelling Merchant around at the time? For purpose of town recognition he does count as an NPC and if there are two local NPCs + travelling merchant, area is recognized as town for as long as he's here. I had same thing happen to one of my towns when it only had two NPCs. He shows up and suddenly music is different.
Yes, the ocean town had a traveling merchant. But the wiki said you need atleast 2 npcs, so...

Gamepedia may not be accurate as its entirely fanmade. Other possibility is that your town pet was in your ocean town, which also counts as an extra NPC.

Two NPCs are required for pylon functionality, but three are required for spawnrate removal and music change.

Gamepedia may not be accurate as its entirely fanmade. Other possibility is that your town pet was in your ocean town, which also counts as an extra NPC.

Two NPCs are required for pylon functionality, but three are required for spawnrate removal and music change.
Thank you, I’ll add another house to the caverns. I hope someone edits that page so it is correct.

Back
Top Bottom