Standalone How Can I Make A Standalone Mod

Isopod00

Terrarian
I have been making tAPI and Tmodloader mods for quite some time now. My main mod has been growing and growing, and with all the mp3s and custom boss music, it has grown to be too big to be published on the mod browser. I was thinking of my options that I had so that the public could still play my ever-growing mods, but I quickly realized that I had no prior knowledge about any of them. Once I realized that, I decided to go with the option that I liked best. Making a standalone mod. The only problem is that I have no clue where to start, let alone how to make one. If ANYONE knows how, or even knows where to direct me so that I can learn how, please share any info or tips that you have. Thank you so much for your information and time!!

Ok, will do! Although I don't NEED to know anymore thanks to jopojelly! He granted me more file space.

i already know how to make one, and i want to make this mod to play with my friends :)
Ok, well, it's basically decompile, fix decompilation errors, make your changes, build the exe.

You can get the decompile and fix decompilation errors steps for free if you start from the tmodloader setup patcher and skip the tmodloader specific patches. Then, it's just a lot of work exploring the source code and finding places where you can make your changes you want to make. That all depends on what you want to do.

Ok, well, it's basically decompile, fix decompilation errors, make your changes, build the exe.

You can get the decompile and fix decompilation errors steps for free if you start from the tmodloader setup patcher and skip the tmodloader specific patches. Then, it's just a lot of work exploring the source code and finding places where you can make your changes you want to make. That all depends on what you want to do.
Ok, but how would you rebuild the exe after making your changes?

i already know how to make one, and i want to make this mod to play with my friends :)
Where is the setup patcher located?
[doublepost=1499181545,1499181236][/doublepost]
Ok, but how would you rebuild the exe after making your changes?
Nevermind, I used ILSpy. One problem though. When I decompiled Terraria, there were about 4,000 errors and I have no clue where to start!

Where is the setup patcher located?
[doublepost=1499181545,1499181236][/doublepost]
Nevermind, I used ILSpy. One problem though. When I decompiled Terraria, there were about 4,000 errors and I have no clue where to start!
That's why I said to use the 1st and 2nd levels of patches tmodloader already provides. Those fix the decompilation errors.

The patcher is located in the setup folder of the tmodloader repo.

And to rebuild, you just click build using the appropriate build configuration in VS.

That's why I said to use the 1st and 2nd levels of patches tmodloader already provides. Those fix the decompilation errors.

The patcher is located in the setup folder of the tmodloader repo.

And to rebuild, you just click build using the appropriate build configuration in VS.
I couldn't get the setup patcher to work. I still don't really understand what I'm supposed to give it as my tmodloader root folder. The main problem though is when I press decompile or setup, it instantly gives me an error saying it expected a different version of Terraria server

I couldn't get the setup patcher to work. I still don't really understand what I'm supposed to give it as my tmodloader root folder. The main problem though is when I press decompile or setup, it instantly gives me an error saying it expected a different version of Terraria server
Yeah, the current patches are for 1.3.5.2, so you need to download that version.

When I press setup or decompile, it asks me where my tmodloader root directory is. Is that just my Terraria folder or is the the repo?
I forget, I thought it asked where the exe was, but yeah, the install folder is probably what you want.

I forget, I thought it asked where the exe was, but yeah, the install folder is probably what you want.
Thanks for all your help! I successfully decompiled it! One problem though, there is still 56 errors. It's a LOT less than before, so I think that I'm going to just fix them myself. Unless you have anymore tips for me?

Thanks for all your help! I successfully decompiled it! One problem though, there is still 56 errors. It's a LOT less than before, so I think that I'm going to just fix them myself. Unless you have anymore tips for me?
I don't know, it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom