PC How do you activate the collectors edition of the game?

Mangowl

Terrarian
This is probably a dumb question, but I recently bought the collectors edition of the game and I'm not sure how to activate it... I can't use the steam code because I already have Terraria on my steam account, is there something on the disk that will change the files on steam to give you the bunny pet in-game? or does the disk allow you to launch Terraria separate from steam? If so would that cause problems with playing co-op? Sorry, I would test everything myself, but I don't have a disk reader, and I'd rather not buy one if I missing something important...

That's a good question. I got a CE as well, and couldn't really use it due to the problem you describe. So I used another way to enable this pet.
But I'm not sure if it's allowed to describe how to get said pet the way that I did it.

Pardon me for poking you, but maybe you, @Leinfors or @Tunnel King, can provide some insight.

Oh yeah, an .exe file even. Bunny.exe. :happy: Don't mind me; it's been ages since I checked that disc. I did recall having problems installing it, but completely forgot about that file.

Last edited:
So I do need to purchase a disk reader then right? Sorry just being certain
To install it legitimatley, yes - that kind of comes with the territory if you buy a physicial game on disc!
There may be other ways of obtaining it, but they can't be talked about here if they do exist.

The CE disk has a very old version of Terraria on it (1.1.2, I think). The company that distributed that hasn't been associated with Re-Logic since then. It's amazing to see people still finding it.

What you have to do (the legitmate way) is this:
  1. Uninstall Terraria from your Steam account. Your worlds/chars etc. should still be there afterward, but it's a good idea to back them up anyway before you uninstall.
  2. Exit Steam.
  3. Install the game from the disk.
  4. Go back into Steam, and if it says Terraria is ready to play, hit play. Otherwise, install it again through Steam. Either way, it will update to the latest version (1.3.5.3, currently). You don't need the code in the box.
  5. To get the pet summoner item, you have to make a new character. When you enter any world with that character, the pet summoner item will be in the inventory of that character. You can drop the item in a chest and come back to the world with an established character and pick it up if you like.

From my experience to get the bunny pet:
1. Uninstall Terraria completely. Make sure your characters and worlds are saved to the cloud.
2. Plug in the collectors edition disk, and open the files for it.
3. Run Bunny.exe, once you run it, there should be a pop up that says something like, "The bunny pet has been activated"
4. From here you can exit everything and even remove the disk from the computer entirely.
5. Re-install Terraria from the steam library, wait about 5-10 minutes for it to install, and open the game
6. Now all you have to do is to make a new character, enter a world, and you should have the bunny pet!
(7). If you don't have the bunny pet, uninstall Terraria again, and plug the disk back into the computer. Re-run the bunny.exe pet, and keep the disk plugged in. Now, with the disk plugged in, install Terraria from the steam library. Now, once it's done installing, you can remove the disk. If you did this correctly, you should be able to play Terraria with the bunny pet just like I mentioned in step 6.
Reminder to not install Terraria from the disk itself, for me it didn't even finish installing after 20 minutes, when installing Terraria normally took me 5 minutes. If it works for you, go ahead.

From my experience to get the bunny pet:
1. Uninstall Terraria completely. Make sure your characters and worlds are saved to the cloud.
2. Plug in the collectors edition disk, and open the files for it.
3. Run Bunny.exe, once you run it, there should be a pop up that says something like, "The bunny pet has been activated"
4. From here you can exit everything and even remove the disk from the computer entirely.
5. Re-install Terraria from the steam library, wait about 5-10 minutes for it to install, and open the game
6. Now all you have to do is to make a new character, enter a world, and you should have the bunny pet!
(7). If you don't have the bunny pet, uninstall Terraria again, and plug the disk back into the computer. Re-run the bunny.exe pet, and keep the disk plugged in. Now, with the disk plugged in, install Terraria from the steam library. Now, once it's done installing, you can remove the disk. If you did this correctly, you should be able to play Terraria with the bunny pet just like I mentioned in step 6.
Reminder to not install Terraria from the disk itself, for me it didn't even finish installing after 20 minutes, when installing Terraria normally took me 5 minutes. If it works for you, go ahead.
does the bunny.exe work with the gog version?

Back
Top Bottom