Mobile How do you avoid the eye things the Moon Lord’s eyes shoot out in both stages without cheesing?

WonderedLamb256

Terrarian
:mad:Hi Terraria Forumers! I need help with dodging a thing from the Moon Lord. The Moon Lord shoots out little “Phantasmal Spheres” which target you and will do heaps of damage. I can only beat the moon lord by cheesing him using nurse and terrarian yoyo from him. My arena setup has a giant thing which protects you from the Phantasmal Laser things, but the Cosmic Car Key seems too slow to avoid the things it’s throwing at you. In the second stage, one of three attacks is called the same thing as in the last stage, but now does more damage. It spawns six clones around it and charges at you. Is there an arena setup, potion setup (I will have to cheat these in if any more then Regeneration + Ironskin because I didn’t get a plant farm going, sorry if you don’t like that), and loadout that will help me dodge from both the eyes and the lasers? :mad::sigh:

In normal mode I use the Cosmic Car Key to keep away from him, flying diagonally (it's faster) and never stopping movement.
When he fires his big beam, I hope my timing is right as I fly back to him and circle around his eye. You can use the Rod of Discord if you're fast enough. I am not.

I've also defeated him from inside a box, using the Solar Eruption, beetle armour, heart statues, honey, healing potions, and a charm of myths. This has been a while, so I forgot what else I might have used. It's wise to destroy all the eyes at the same time, so to avoid prolonged exposure to floating eyes. Weaken them to near-death, then take out all 3 at once, then quickly destroy the heart.

In expert mode I just use the nurse as well, since he's otherwise way too hard for me. I imagine we're not alone here.
I also have a very cheesy auto-farm (from someone else's design) that kills him without me lifting a finger.
I basically teleport around while my Stardust Dragon tears ML a new one. What can I say, I like making things easy for myself.

In general, if you wish to actually fight the boss without setting up some sort of contraption to make you immortal, the strategy for Moon Lord is to never stop moving. Maintaining a healthy distance away from the boss is enough to kite most of its attacks, but leaves you open for Deathray fire if you aren't familiar with the attack pattern.

Rod of Discord is helpful for dodging the Deathray out in the open if you aren't willing to build a wide strip of land to pull the Moon Lord above so the Deathray bounces off of it.

I repeat, never stop moving. The moment you stand still is the moment you stop moving forever.

Back
Top Bottom