How do you explain Terraria to other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is a total and complete non geek, non gamer. (Nobody's perfect.) I just tell her to think of it as something like a crossword puzzle that you're never done solving.

my one friend doesn't even want to try terraria no matter WHAT I tell him. but then again he plays a lot of minecraft, so yeah..

"okay so it's kinda like miencraft in a way-"
"It sounds gay"
"NO IT'S NOT! But yeah, anyways... it's 2D and-"
"So it's like minecraft but 2D? Woah so even worse graphics omg sounds so bad"
"hrnggghghghghghghghghg sdufg...... okay, it ISN'T like minecraft and-"
"a sandbox that isn't Minecraft sounds gay..."

i use the general ''its like minecraft'' but i go into further depth sometimes saying ''it has more bosses/items'', ''its more based on survival rather than building'', ''the enemies are very tough and so are the weapons'' along with more but thats pretty much what i say

Usually goes like this:
"Oh, youre playing Minecraft? I wish there were more bosses. The dragon is a joke."
>Agree: "You know what does, though? Its called Terraria.... ...."
>Disagree: "What are you building? I wish there were more materials to build with. I can never get my stuff to look good."
>Agree: "I like how many choices Terraria gives you.... You never seen it? Oh. Well, theres like 40 different kinds of bricks alone....."
>Disagree: "Hmm. Maybe Im just all over the place. It would be awesome to paint blocks you put down, dont you think?"
>Agree: "You should see the kinds of stuff you can make in Terraria. Ever hear of it?...."
>Disagree: "Watch out! Creeper! Too bad theres only like 10 different kinds of monsters. Terraria however...."

That is how it starts out.

Then I tell them, "Yeah, it is fun to build the tallest castle in all the land. But thats about it. Nothing to really explore for (hate horses. Never bother with horse armor and such) except diamonds and then what? Make a badass sword and beefy armor? I want to see magic spells, guns, and all that noise. And I hate mods.

Goes from there. Yeah, I describe it as Minecraft Plus. Its much more sophisticated. I KNOW ITS NOT THREE DEE!

Show them a video about the game so you don't have to explain the majority of the concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom