PC How do you find Martian Probes??

Eri

Terrarian
I couldn't find one by just wandering the world for weeks so I built a sky bridge and spent all day building random stuff while waiting for one to spawn but still nothing.
Aren't the requirements for it to just beat the Golem, not have any bosses/events going on and not being near the middle of the map?

All pre-Lunar bosses are dead.
The sky bridge where I've been looking for one is above the dungeon, and is one tile above the line that separates the sky and space.
It's a large, expert mode world.
I have Water Candles all over, am using Battle Potions and have triggered many Solar Eclipses.

I've gotten 40 Harpy Banners and 3 Wyvern Banners. Yet I still haven't found a single Martian Probe, even with the Lifeform Analyser.
Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the worst luck on earth?

What size world, and how from the center of the world are you, as reported by a compass/GPS/PDA/Cell Phone? It's possible you might not be quite far enough away from the center. If my calculations are correct, your position has to read at least 2801' from center on a small world, 4267' on a medium world, and 5601' on a large world in order for Martian Probes to spawn. The other conditions all sound right.

Harpies are easy to deal with, but if Wyverns get annoying, you can prevent them from spawning by standing in front of safe walls. The Disc Walls and Glass Walls in sky island houses are safe, so you could hang out there until a probe arrives and just keep killing Harpies. The probes can spawn anywhere above the surface, but being in space has the advantage of a limited number of enemy types that can spawn.

If you are getting zero spawns, then you are in the wrong location. They are rarish, but not absurdly rare.

Try going further to the edges of the world, maybe not over the Ocean though, I'm not sure how that influences it.

Back
Top Bottom