Resolved How do you make a server with Host and Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, i guess your title needs an question mark, because without it, the title makes looks a "guide" -_-
Tricked :c

With Host and Play you basically create a game where others can join on your IP address and they'll all be kicked out again if you stop playing.
If you want to start a server, I recommend using TerrariaServer.exe, in Terraria's game files folder.

Just use hamachi if you have like 3 or 5 people joining. I did a 4 player co op on hamachi only and I had no problems at all. If you're looking to run a really big server I'd port forward or buy one.

Just use hamachi if you have like 3 or 5 people joining. I did a 4 player co op on hamachi only and I had no problems at all. If you're looking to run a really big server I'd port forward or buy one.
Last year hamachi had a virus and I had to wipe my computer[DOUBLEPOST=1413338414][/DOUBLEPOST]
With Host and Play you basically create a game where others can join on your IP address and they'll all be kicked out again if you stop playing.
If you want to start a server, I recommend using TerrariaServer.exe, in Terraria's game files folder.
All I want to do is make a simple server. All I want is that 2 other people will join

Last year hamachi had a virus and I had to wipe my computer
I've had hamachi for years and I've had no problems. You might have downloaded a fake one maybe.

All I want to do is make a simple server. All I want is that 2 other people will join
Then just go ahead and do host and play then go here and send that ip to your friends and they should be able to join :happy:. As long as you are online and playing with them the server will be up but if you leave they will all disconnect.

I've had hamachi for years and I've had no problems. You might have downloaded a fake one maybe.

Then just go ahead and do host and play then go here and send that ip to your friends and they should be able to join :happy:. As long as you are online and playing with them the server will be up but if you leave they will all disconnect.
Do I need to port forward?

Not if you use hamachi. But if you don't need want to use hamachi, open the TerrariaServer.exe and you will need to port forward.

I hope I helped :)

Not if you use hamachi. But if you don't need want to use hamachi, open the TerrariaServer.exe and you will need to port for
Yeah, in most cases you will. It's not as hard as you think though and there are a lot of guides online.
If you're lost, share what brand and type of modem/router you have and I can give a shot at walking you through it.
I port forwarded when I made a minecraft server. Do I have to port forward separately for terraria?
:)

I port forwarded when I made a minecraft server. Do I have to port forward separately for terraria?

Yeap. You'll basically have to do what you did when port forwarding minecraft, except you need to use port 7777 this time. (Minecraft uses 25565. Most, if not all games use some random port number, so you'd need to do this for every game you're hosting for.)

You can easily test if you did it right. Run terrariaserver.exe, set up the server, then run Terraria and join your server through your internet ip address, not your loopback address (127.0.0.1). If you can connect to your own ip address, then so can other people.

Yeap. You'll basically have to do what you did when port forwarding minecraft, except you need to use port 7777 this time. (Minecraft uses 25565. Most, if not all games use some random port number, so you'd need to do this for every game you're hosting for.)

You can easily test if you did it right. Run terrariaserver.exe, set up the server, then run Terraria and join your server through your internet ip address, not your loopback address (127.0.0.1). If you can connect to your own ip address, then so can other people.
Ok so is this what I have to do?
1: Download and run terrariaserver.exe
2: Port forward terraria with port 7777
3: Set up server
4:Join with internet ip address

Ok so is this what I have to do?
1: Download and run terrariaserver.exe
2: Port forward terraria with port 7777
3: Set up server
4:Join with internet ip address

1. actually u dont need to download it since it is automatically downloaded within the game folder( just right click terraria in your steam library , go to properties and click on local files. then the first should say "browse local files". click that and taaaadaaa you are in the terraria folder where the server.exe is.
2. you can use whatever port you want for terraria btw. if u have already opened the minecraft you also could use that one for terraria. the only thing u need to remember is, when starting the server.exe it asks you for using a port. if you just click without entering one it will use the default one which is 7777.
but u can easily enter another port which is already port forwarded ( like the port you just used for minecraft)

2. you can use whatever port you want for terraria btw. if u have already opened the minecraft you also could use that one for terraria. the only thing u need to remember is, when starting the server.exe it asks you for using a port. if you just click without entering one it will use the default one which is 7777.
but u can easily enter another port which is already port forwarded ( like the port you just used for minecraft)

Absolutely true and I completely forgot about that. Sowwies.
Like Bloody<3 said, just run terrariaserver.exe and use 25565 as your port, not 7777.

You'll find terrariaserver.exe in the same folder where terraria.exe is hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom