PC How do you progress past Golem?

MBCollector672

Terrarian
I took a long break from playing Terraria, and before said break I was primarily a mobile player.
Started a new playthrough recently with a friend, and after beating Golem, I had no idea what to do next. So, what are your suggestions on what I should do?
I'm still primarily using a Megashark (probably a bad idea), and haven't beaten Fishron yet. Class is ranged.

Once the golem is destroyed. Cultists will spawn at the dungeon entrance. They won't attack untill you do so. But once you've defeated them all, you've started the strongest event.

Make sure you go prepared before fighting them.

(You can still enter the dungeon without needing to attack them)

I probably should've been more clear :p
I know about everything after golem (cultists, pillars, moon lord, martians), but I'm not 100% sure what weapons and gear I should have before fighting them. Thanks anyway though :D

Ah, I see. haha.

Well, personally it's recommended to get the strongest weapons possible before fighting them.
Recommendations are loot from the Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, and Duke Fishron.
It's also recommended to use beetle armor (shell) if it's your first time.

You'll also be able to make weapons from the event itself, allowing you to make it easier to defeat them.

I would try for getting some Shroomite armour (with all helmet types), the Tactical Shotgun and Sniper Rifle from tactical skeletons in the post-Plantera dungeon, and the Chain Gun from Santa NK.1s in the Frost Moon. The flamethrower is good too, I guess. Once you do fishron, try to get the Tsunami and the Shrimpy Truffle. Or, you could try to get the Cosmic Car. Once you start the celestial events, prepare to die over and over and over again. Once you kill the Vortex pillar, try to go for the Phantasm first, then the Vortex Beater. I don't know what to do vs the Moon Lord, though, because I've never fought him :p If you want to know what accessories to use, I would definitely get the Celestial Shell and the Sniper Scope. That's pretty much all I know.

After defeating Plantera, new enemies will spawn in the dungeon and you can open the dungeon biome chests. It's not really post-Golem content, but if you haven't been there yet, you might want to pay a visit.

After doing the Moon events and Duke Fishron, try the Martian Invasion as well for a few extra items.

Back
Top Bottom