PC How many items may become unobtainable as game progresses?

felis

Terrarian
Recently I found that it seems the Travelling Merchant no long sell Gray Zapinator during hardmode, which makes it unobtainable. Also, most crates become the hardmode version and make their original versions unobtainable.
So I wonder, besides these, are there any other items that may become unobtainable as the game progresses (unless bring from another world)?

Assuming player doesn't deliberately destroy things (like Lihzahrd Altar or ALL Demon Altars) to make things unavailable, and no extremely unlucky things in world generation happens.

If you're wondering for the purpose of Journey Mode Research on characters. Ultimately with the crates one would have to go to a PHM world if their main world becomes Hardmode and they haven't researched all the crates. (And there is the Pre-Hardmode Hallow Crate which is unobtainable unless you're willing to let your Journey character use more than one world to go back to a PHM world and from there artificially create a Hallow biome)

All creatures in the Bestiary in worlds made in 1.4 or beyond should still be 100% obtainable no matter what for Bestiary completion. I don't know if/when there will be a plan to address items that become unobtainable when Hardmode starts for Journey Mode characters.

Back
Top Bottom