PC How to activate wire with the Dungeon Guardian?

Do you think detecting the Dungeon Guardian to activate any wire mechanism is possible?

• Total voters
Hey all, I'm pretty new here. I've been having a bit of trouble detecting the Dungeon Guardian with wire, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to do this, if it's even possible.

Pressure plates on platforms can create a box that'll trigger whatever when he goes into the box (I'm assuming you want to teleport away when he gets close-ish).

Alright, cheers. But one question, which pressure plate? The default red one?
Anyone without specifications. I believe red or green would work. Make sure to set spawn near the dungeon because while building it, you will die a lot.
[doublepost=1500860974,1500859387][/doublepost]
Alright, cheers. But one question, which pressure plate? The default red one?
There will be an issue, however. You'll either need to spread the plates out enough so only one gets hit, or create a device that'll stop registering input after one pulse.

Pressure plates on platforms can create a box that'll trigger whatever when he goes into the box (I'm assuming you want to teleport away when he gets close-ish).
Are you sure npcs that go through walls(have noTileCollide set) trigger pressure plates? Did a quick test with dungeon guarding and he was failing to trigger red pressure plates, code seems to suggest the same but I have doubts I'm looking in the correct place in it.

Afaik there's no way to passively detect enemies that go through blocks, except maybe by having traps with town npcs in them, and detecting them being knockbacked into pressure plates, but that's kind of iffy. You can do limited active 'scanning', by manually shooting a cannon(or regular weapons if you trust your aim), and detecting where explosion happened with teal pressure pads(unfortunately wire activated cannons don't seem to interact with npcs).

If someone knows how to detect guardian and other noclip enemies, do tell, it'll make building auto-dogers much easier for me.

Last edited:
Are you sure npcs that go through walls(have noTileCollide set) trigger pressure plates? Did a quick test with dungeon guarding and he was failing to trigger red pressure plates, code seems to suggest the same but I have doubts I'm looking in the correct place in it.

Afaik there's no way to passively detect enemies that go through blocks, except maybe by having traps with town npcs in them, and detecting them being knockbacked into pressure plates, but that's kind of iffy. You can do limited active 'scanning', by manually shooting a cannon(or regular weapons if you trust your aim), and detecting where explosion happened with teal pressure pads(unfortunately wire activated cannons don't seem to interact with npcs).

If someone knows how to detect guardian and other noclip enemies, do tell, it'll make building auto-dogers much easier for me.
You're right, I overlooked that. I don't think there's a way to detect them directly.

Use yellow pressure plates on platforms. Yellow ones are mob-triggered. The only problem is that you'll need to make a box around it to keep out other mobs.

Back
Top Bottom