How to code + the best software to sprite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallerbird

Eye of Cthulhu
How do you code in tapi, and in your oppinion what would be the best spriting software begginers can work with?

How do you code in tapi, and in your oppinion what would be the best spriting software begginers can work with?
Coding wise, this is a good start for modding( http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/getting-started-with-modding.7832/page-31#post-400703 ) , but yes I would look up some c# tutorials online and take some time to read through them.
Paint.net is good for sprites, its not as good as photoshop but its free which in my opinion makes up for lacking some features.

Hey, pixel artist checking in. See avvy. You won't find much better than graphics gale. The free version has everything in the paid version except gif exporting, since gif is a proprietary format. But gifs are irrelevant to Terraria modding anyway, so... get Graphics Gale.

if you have paint.net why would you ever need to use MS paint, it doesn't even have a pixel grid and ms paint cannot do proper colour editing with sliders and such. but each to their own.

For the coding, everyone already gave you the answer. For the spriting I recommend GIMP or Photoshop, for my sprites I use Photoshop CS6 Extended.

if you have paint.net why would you ever need to use MS paint, it doesn't even have a pixel grid and ms paint cannot do proper colour editing with sliders and such. but each to their own.
MS Paint has by far the most simple and easy recoloring trick. It is a monstrous pain recoloring things with other programs IMO.
All you have to do to recolor is:
1. Use the color dropper thing on one color
2. Right-click with color dropper thing on another color
3. ???
4. Right-click with eraser on the stuff you want to recolor
5. Profit.

i tried going to paint.net and it brought me to a site about real paint. anyone have any suggestions, as I cannot use GIMP for whatever reason.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430155014,1430154928][/DOUBLEPOST]D I do pixel art on 'The Sandbox' and I have gotten pretty good

For spriting, I use GIMP. It takes a while to figure out but it works really well. You could also use Paint.net or Photoshop.

For spriting: Paint.NET
For coding .json: Notepad++
For epic awesome super mega effects: Photoshop

kekeke

For spriting, I'd go for Paint.net or GIMP, since those seem to be the most popular choices. From what I've heard, GIMP is a bit difficult to get used to but is very much worth it in the end. I wouldn't know, as I only use Paint.net, which works perfectly anyways. Do not use MS Paint, though. It lacks a lot of crucial functions that Paint.net and GIMP do provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom