PC How to defeat the Twins (Expert Mode)

Lyven

Terrarian
NOTE: EXPERT MODE
I swear, the Twins is the hardest hardmode boss ever. I dont know what kind of bull people are in when they say skeletron prime is the hardest boss.
I tried using holy arrows and the deadaulus bow thing and worked great on destoyer (killed the dude in less than half a minute) and skeletron prime (killed him in around 3-5 minutes). Due to me lacking a single soul of light, i decided to fight the twins on the next night.
And when i did, i died before one of them even transformed into their second forms.
My arena is 2 and a half screens wide, with campfires, heart lanterns, and heart statues. I used every possible damage and defence increasing potions i can get.
Is there anything i can do to increase my chances at winning?
Heres my stuff:
Health: 400
Mana: 200
Main Weapon: Deadalous Bow (for bosses)
Secondary Weapon: Shadowhex Doll (for non boss combat)
Armor: Titanium Armor (Ranged Helm equipped for boss, Mage Helm for non boss fights)
Accessories:
Spectre Boots
Worm Scarf
Band of Regen
Obsidian Shield
Cloud Balloon
(Ranged: Magic Quiver; Mage: Mana Flower)
I believe the modifiers my accessories has adds defence by around 3-5. I dont have enough money to reforge them to warding.

If you have a sky-bridge, that might be better suited for fighting this particular boss. Also, I think you should focus on the one that shoots the green flames first. Maybe use a mount like the unicorn, or use a minecart w/rails to keep moving away constantly.

the twins, unlike its two counterparts, require a really flat world, so, make a world-wide (haha) skybridge using asphalt blocks, even 500 blocks is enough and, if you killed the destroyer, a Megashark with crystal arrows can obliterate them, just kill spazmatism (the green one) first, but you killed two mechs and 400 life? go get some life fruits. also, the shadowflame hex doll has a short range, which could get you in trouble with spazmatism's flamethrower phase, and you attempted the twins without wings?this explains the constant death against them the least you can get are leaf wings or frozen wings. with the band of regeneration, either craft a magic cuff or the charm of myths

Ill try to expand my arena then. I also bought the steampunkers jetpack, but i just found myself more comfortable with the cloud ballon than the jetpack. Farewell to the balloon i guess.
Ill also try to get the megashark, all i need is the 5 shark fins, which should be easy to get. Ill edit this post once ive done this. Thanks!

Ive expanded my arena to 5 screens wide, got all the potions i needed.
I got spazmatism to first form and retinizer to second form before getting my :red: handed to them. The lazers of retinzer hurts a lot and hard to dodge.
Im planning on getting hallowed armor since i cheezed skeletron prime and destroyer so damn easily and replace the titanium armor, but the invicibility buff of the titanium set might be better than a slightly higher defence.
Ive decided to tackle this fight using a ranged build, with magic quiver. ive also replaced my cloud in a baloon with the jetpack, but to no avail.

Are there any more tips other than 'git gud'?
Im really struggling here

Ok, ive tried this for the fourth time now will all the potions, and expanded my arena 7 screens wide using megashark and crystal bullets, even killed the ey of cthulu and prepped my heart statues for them hearts.
I died.....
HOW!
Please someone help me, what the heck am i doing wrong?

Grind for enough money to reforge some of your items to Warding, if you'd like. Also, try Ice arrows (or whatever can give them the frostburn debuff), and maybe get a summoning item. I'm not sure what you'd have available but try to get a pygmy necklace from the witch doctor, and get a bewitching table... Probably best found in the dungeon, or bought from one of the NPCs...

As for what you might be doing wrong...? Assuming you're getting taken out by the laser.... You just gotta dodge, jump, direct his fire and move, maybe to another level. Does your 'arena' have platforms you can move up and down on? It might help. :-/

Back
Top Bottom