Did it work for you?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Filles01

Terrarian
So first of all, your issue has to be that when you start terraria through steam, you will be In-Game
BqZFE1t.png
for a few seconds and then your profile will go back to online.
HvXoXKj.png

Also you won't get any error message and if you're getting error message, this is maybe not solution for you.
And last thing is that my english is bad so please don't hate me for that.
============================================================================
So let's begin!
Right click your Terraria in steam library and click "Properties".
A3PtjuX.png

Then click on Local Files and then "Browse Local Files...".
mGmf5cL.png

After that your Terraria folder will open. Then click on common folder and copy your Terraria to your desktop.
w5n7dIf.png

sTAD7zY.png

Then open folder with your terraria and rename Terraria to something else (For example Terraria123,...).
TwLnzmt.png

Then close your Terraria folder and open steam library. Click on "ADD GAME..." -> "Add a Non-Steam Game".
9Hi1ujv.png

Click on Browse and then select renamed Terraria from your folder.
jOPWJWM.png

After that click on "ADD SELECTED PROGRAMS" and you're done.
uRA6C51.png

You can hit PLAY button and play Terraria. It will show for a second that you're playing non-Steam game - Terraria123,
DWNlCo7.png
but then it will switch back to normal In-Game - Terraria.
BqZFE1t.png

You can even use Steam In-Game. So steam multiplayer works.
DCJzLAe.png

Btw I have no idea why it works like that, but I'm happy it works. I hope it will work for you as well. :) :pinky:~:D

Last edited:
This does not work for me, but thanks anyways for making a guide on fixing a error that some people may have. :)

This may or may not work depending on the system specifications as well as your current .NET/XNA installations. The issue is that windows doesn't report a correct installation of the requirements causing Terraria or any .NET related game not not launch.

Filles01, love your solution, the game launches for me. Thank you so much! :dryadpassionate:

p.s: now trying to see if I have an issue connecting to other steam players.

Last edited:
IT DIDNT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

To others who still had this problem, a simple restart of your PC could work. If your Steam update was cancelled, restarting restarts it's update.

I dont know how but for me it worked:
I just typed in google microsoft xna, downloaded it and then installed and now Terraria works.
I hope it's gonna work for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom