How to "Fush".

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Peanut sauce

Retinazer
This is a guide on "Fish rushing" or just "Fush". "Fushing" can easily get you set up with boots and a double jump making for an easy early-game.
The first step is to collect coins, try running in a direction and looting everything, chests, pots, trees. After this make a merchant house, then buy a bug net.(I think you know what to do next)

BAIT.
Good bait:Enchant crawler, firefly, Jungle bugs.
Bad bait:Grasshoppers, most
butterflies.

Rod:I use a reinforced fishing rod personally, you can also use a fiberglass if your feeling lucky.(!Never use a wooden rod!)

POND.
Good biomes for fishing: Oasis, forest, jungle
(There aren't really bad biomes lol)

Thanks for reading! Please tell me if I should add something!

Here's an amazing tip: when you're at the jungle, break all the rocks you can find. You can get loads of Grubbies, Sluggies and Buggies, and they're all good bait. Also, when it is night time, loads of fireflies will spawn, so catch as many as you can.

When I saw 'rush' I thought back of Age of Empires, there rushing is a strategy to attack the enemy before they attack you.

However, Terraria is timeless, and besides speedruns (or pre-nerf Reaver Shark), I don't see much need to rush early game.
Are there benefits of fish rushing over fishing casually/idle fishing? (like waiting for nighttime, grinds ect)

However, Terraria is timeless, and besides speedruns (or pre-nerf Reaver Shark), I don't see much need to rush early game.
Are there benefits of fish rushing over fishing casually/idle fishing? (like waiting for nighttime, grinds ect)
Don’t believe so no, the only niche situation is if you are in hard mode and your jungle is in danger of being corrupted/crimsoned, but if you are only just starting to fish at that point than you likely are going to try and find a different weapon anyways.

No point fishing Forest if rushing. Jungle is pretty much the only viable 1st fishing spot given that it has a lot more bait + a superior rod in the fishing pool.

Imo early game fishing for items is a waste of time. With reinforced pole + enchanted nightcrawlers without any potions your fishing power is only 50. It means that the chance to get an item from Extremely Rare category is 0.85%, biome crate - 0.34% (including the chance of line breaking). Plus these are only chances to get any item from the category, not neccessarily what you need. It can easily take hours.
I recommend fishing only for potion fish, and only with at least mechanics rod + enchanted nightcrawler + fishing potion setup. Everything else is like winning a lottery.

Back
Top Bottom