tModLoader How to have vanilla terraria and modded separately.

Was this helpful?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already knew about this....

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Awesomegoo

Terrarian
Alright, so you want to play with tmodloader but also want vanilla terraria accessible easily. Well, this thread will tell you how to have both vanilla and modded terraria accessible from steam.

1. Download tmodloader from here
  2. Extract the files into a folder on your desktop
  3. Rename the file "terraria.exe" to "modded terraria " ( or whatever you like )
  4. Copy and paste all the files into your terraria folder. You can find the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
  5. Now, open steam and click add a game then add a non steam product. Look for Modded Terraria that you created earlier then add it.
Boom! Your done.

This is what it should look like
upload_2017-11-2_12-30-15.png

Hope this helped!

Btw I got this information from here ( second comment )

Last edited:
I can't get it to show up as a non-steam game. Is it possible for someone to post a video of them doing it so I can follow along? Sorry if this is too much trouble but I can't get it to show up. I have it as a folder on my desktop.

i'd recommend copying the terraria folder, then pasting into the same steam games folder and renaming it "modded terraria" (or whatever you like). After that, proceed to extract the tmodloader files into that folder then add it as a shortcut to steam. It's not a requirement but definitely helps tidy things up and keep your desktop from getting too cluttered. It's also useful having your separate terraria versions in the same folder to make it easier to update to future versions of tmodloader

Back
Top Bottom