PC How to Kill the Moon Lord

Was this helpful to you?

• Total voters

SamTTM

Skeletron
Grab a lot of any type of block, then make a large box, make it 3 blocks thick, about 50 blocks long, and 100 blocks tall. Near the top of the box make a platform bridge (at least 3 blocks away from the top of the box).

Afterwards, make a house for the nurse at the bottom of the box.

When the box is finished start the lunar event, destroy the solar pillar and get the Daybrake, and the Solar Flare (use beetle armor aswell). Then destroy the other pillars.

When the Moon Lord is spawning go to your box and wait for the Moon Lord, first use the Solar Flare to kill the head, and use the Daybreak to kill the core, and the hands.

Grab a lot of any type of block, then make a large box, make it 3 blocks thick, about 50 blocks long, and 100 blocks tall. Near the top of the box make a platform bridge (at least 3 blocks away from the top of the box).

Afterwards, make a house for the nurse at the bottom of the box.

When the box is finished start the lunar event, destroy the solar pillar and get the Daybrake, and the Solar Flare (use beetle armor aswell). Then destroy the other pillars.

When the Moon Lord is spawning go to your box and wait for the Moon Lord, first use the Solar Flare to kill the head, and use the Daybreak to kill the core, and the hands.

Boxing yourself in might make it far more hard than just flying in a straight line, flying upwards and around to dodge the deathrays once in awhile.

Boxing yourself in might make it far more hard than just flying in a straight line, flying upwards and around to dodge the deathrays once in awhile.
Can't really agree. I had much difficulty on Expert to kill the Moon Lord on open field because of all the things flying around, not to mention the deathray.

My best tactic so far was to cheese under the arena i created some time ago: The arena consisted of platforms making multiple levels from the base, but just below the solid blocks is a 3 block high tunnel on the entire length of the arena with a Nurse in a room at the middle.

The cheese is using Solar Eruption (flail that goes through blocks) to hit everything, running left and right to dodge the projectiles that go through blocks. At the final stage hit the heart (strictly below the player 95% of the time) and heal by the nurse whenever HP drops below half.

Sometimes i barely make it. I use all the potions for buffs (endurance, well fed, ironskin, swiftness, lifeforce, regeneration, summoning, wrath), with full set of accessories on Warding mostly (Ankh shield, wings, necro scroll, celestial shell, charm of myths and frostspark boots - i have a few other accessories in social slot to be ready to be swapped) and i used the beetle armor set on defence. Switching it to Solar Flare armor didn't change much either.

Can't really agree. I had much difficulty on Expert to kill the Moon Lord on open field because of all the things flying around, not to mention the deathray.

My best tactic so far was to cheese under the arena i created some time ago: The arena consisted of platforms making multiple levels from the base, but just below the solid blocks is a 3 block high tunnel on the entire length of the arena with a Nurse in a room at the middle.

The cheese is using Solar Eruption (flail that goes through blocks) to hit everything, running left and right to dodge the projectiles that go through blocks. At the final stage hit the heart (strictly below the player 95% of the time) and heal by the nurse whenever HP drops below half.

Sometimes i barely make it. I use all the potions for buffs (endurance, well fed, ironskin, swiftness, lifeforce, regeneration, summoning, wrath), with full set of accessories on Warding mostly (Ankh shield, wings, necro scroll, celestial shell, charm of myths and frostspark boots - i have a few other accessories in social slot to be ready to be swapped) and i used the beetle armor set on defence. Switching it to Solar Flare armor didn't change much either.

I don't know, I guess I'm anti-cheese and don't cheese anything.

On a regular playthrough sure or with advanced post-ML equip. Welp, i killed the Moon Lord with ease on 1st try with my girlfriend on Normal mode. Expert is tad tougher.

Piece of cake on normal mode.
Near impossibility on expert mode.

There, sounds right.

After 1.3 was released i created Expert Mode world and a new character so i only fought Moon Lord on it. My first tries were on Expert Mode. Took me also around 6 or 8 attempts before i finished him with the tactic i posted above.

Sometimes you have to cheese the bosses, just like i enjoy killing the Twins on a long Asphalt sky bridge with Megashark.

Back
Top Bottom