PC How to wire lights up.

I'm wondering how to wire up lights that will come on during the night and turn off during the day.
I'm trying to work out how the night and day sensors work but no clue how, as this is my first time messing around with the wiring systems in the game.
Basiclly I want to have lamp posts off during the day but turn on once night falls.

You just have to wire all lights with 1 Day sensor and 1 Night sensor. I also recommed connecting one switch to the system, in case you want to change something.

I think I wired it wrong, the lamps turned off at night but was during the day time.
The important thing to remember is that wire signals in Terraria pretty much always toggle. That means the same signal can either turn something on, or off. So to fix this (one way) all you have to do is take down the lights and put them back up at night. They'll already be lit, and they'll turn off in the morning, continuing correctly from there.

Ok I'll try this once I start a new game.
Don't want to bring in my test character into a new world cause I gave myself armor and gear to survive the nights to figure out how to work with wiring.
Luckily this is easier than redstone wire systems.

Ok I'll try this once I start a new game.
Don't want to bring in my test character into a new world cause I gave myself armor and gear to survive the nights to figure out how to work with wiring.
Luckily this is easier than redstone wire systems.
So if you're starting from scratch, just make sure you attach the sensors at night (since the lights start out on), and you won't have any problems.

Ok thanks for the tip on it.
I was trying to make a walkway to the large house that the NPCs will be staying in and have the lamp posts at certain distance apart.
Have them off during the day on at night.

In summary, this is all you need (shown twice - without and with wiring shown). The switch is only there to use at one time when setting it up, to make sure the lights are in the correct state to start with.
Cropper2016-05-30-13-51-52-6351041.png

Lights will not come on during rain, as far as I know they send a single only based on time, once a day: 4:30am for day sensor, 7:30pm for night sensor. Lights on, lights off. Simple.

You can extend the red wire all around to many lights, provided they are all in the same (on/off) state when first connected up. Make sure not to have any timers connected, or other devices that will also send signals down the light loop wire.

Back
Top Bottom