Hub World?

Larkas

Terrarian
Hello there!

So, I’m very new to Terraria Mods and Terraria in general, so I thought I’d just ask here: would it be possible to make a mod to add a hub world to Terraria? I’m thinking something along the lines of Kirby’s Amazing Mirror mirror chamber (a screenshot for reference: https://mobimg.b-cdn.net/sisgame_img/kirby_the_amazing_mirror/real/4_kirby_the_amazing_mirror.jpg), where you enter one of the mirrors and get teleported somewhere (in Terraria, that would take you to different worlds), and I don’t mean the transition to be instant (i.e.: there’s no need to keep all the worlds loaded all the time) or for the mod to be multiplayer-compatible (at least initially). Ideally, the player could set up where each of the teleporters take him. In the future, this could be used to implement a tutorial world of sorts, a safe world with extra NPCs to build a base in, an “ultra-hard” world that you need different (and mutually exclusive) ores to access, that kind of stuff. Hub worlds are simple things that, in my opinion, help the game pacing a bit, and it would benefit Terraria to have one! (For an exploration of the usefulness of hub worlds, I suggest this video:
)

So, would making something like that be at all possible? How could one go around to creating something like that?

Last edited:
Yes, I beleive so, With some dimension travel code, Making it so that the world generates as the hub world when you start it up, Though you may go into the normal world through, Lets say, Some unbreakable portal (Not very hard to make i believe) making it so that it then generates the nomral world, Then maybe there is another rift allowing you to travel back to the hub by regenerating the hub.

Back
Top Bottom