Items Hunter's Spirit [ New Accessory ]

Hunter's spirit
*Stats*
-Bonus damage to monsters.
-Increases drop chance of monsters.
We fight hostile NPCs(zombies, monsters, pirates), and that's that, just in case you wish to differentiate them for no reason.

We have accessories that increase damage, obtainable earliest at WoF. You also neglected the stats. Same goes for increased drop rate. A lot of people have suggested better fleshed out ideas than this to decrease farming time/effort.

*Droped by*
All bosses : 100%
All Mobs : 0.1%
Completely unnecessary from all bosses. While inventory management is part of the game skills, adding in an item that will cluster up an inventory needlessly and run out of usefulness after one boss is not smart.

Also, choose. A mob, or a boss.

Simple and usefull.
Think carefully about this suggestion. Think, why would it drop from all bosses? What need, does one have to get this each and every time one does battle?

If it's a potion/consumable, you have certainly neglected to mention that. Even then the earliest you should get it is in HM. If it's an accessory, this is very poorly thought of.

While I am all for less grinding, this is not one suggestion I would pick to solve it.

Last edited:
Personal Attack.
Lovely. Absolutely lovely. Yay, more damage against monsters. We actually fight something other than monsters, the wonder. We also never have this kind of item before, wow!
We fight hostile NPCs(zombies, monsters, pirates), and that's that, just in case you wish to differentiate them for no reason.

We have accessories that increase damage, obtainable earliest at WoF. You also neglected the stats. Same goes for increased drop rate. A lot of people have suggested better fleshed out ideas than this to decrease farming time/effort.

All bosses 100%. Fantastic! So we'll get an item that has exactly one use every time we farm bosses. You can also get this as early as King Slime. Absolutely lovely, yep.
Completely unnecessary. While inventory management is part of the game skills, adding in an item that will cluster up an inventory needlessly and run out of usefulness after one boss is not smart.

All mobs, wow! You can get this without a doubt from the bosses, then we have mobs dropping more of this stuff.
Choose. A mob, or a boss.

Think carefully about this suggestion. Think, why would it drop from all bosses? What need, does one have to get this each and every time one does battle?

If it's a potion/consumable, you have certainly neglected to mention that. Even then the earliest you should get it is in HM. If it's an accessory, this is very poorly thought of.

While I am all for less grinding, this is not one suggestion I would pick to solve it.

Ok first of all,
[1] 1 item wont mess up your whole inventory
[2] the chances of getting this item from a normal mob are extremely low
[3] You can go to hell both you and your irony you are not welcome here:) Maybe if you talk nicer, I might reconsider about my decision.

how about making it simple chest loot?

Sounds good to me.

Oh, boy. You're one of those people.

Listen, @Freenight's points are basically correct, he just didn't deliver it in a kind and polite way. Don't sound so hostile, though, he's just offering his opinions on your suggestion, so that it can be improved.

As for the suggestion, how much bonus damage, exactly?

Bonus damage is a pretty controversial topic in the game, and bonus damage to all monsters sounds pretty overpowered. I suggest replacing the bonus damage to monsters for bonus attack damage, instead. (And, no, bonus damage and bonus attack damage are two different things.)

And as for the bonus drop rate, how much?, yet again is the question.

As for obtaining, it sounds a bit too much obtainable in the early parts of the game, since it gives bonuses to drop rate and damage, it would be better off as a hardmode accessory.

You can go to hell both you and your irony you are not welcome here

I don't think you know what irony means.

Oh, boy. You're one of those people.

Listen, @Freenight's points are basically correct, he just didn't deliver it in a kind and polite way. Don't sound so hostile, though, he's just offering his opinions on your suggestion, so that it can be improved.

As for the suggestion, how much bonus damage, exactly?

Bonus damage is a pretty controversial topic in the game, and bonus damage to all monsters sounds pretty overpowered. I suggest replacing the bonus damage to monsters for bonus attack damage, instead. (And, no, bonus damage and bonus attack damage are two different things.)

And as for the bonus drop rate, how much?, yet again is the question.

As for obtaining, it sounds a bit too much obtainable in the early parts of the game, since it gives bonuses to drop rate and damage, it would be better off as a hardmode accessory.

I don't think you know what irony means.
Well sorry but I cant stand people that talk to me like that.
When I made this thread, I never felt like going in full detail I wanted to make something with everyone with the community.
I just wanted to give a simple idea and improve it with everyones suggestions.
He came here gave his suggestion ( probably with the worst way possible )
but I still accepted it.

As for the stats, the community decides.

~TheFireroll

Wasn't feeling very peaky at that moment, rot me. Regardless, my points are valid.

[1] 1 item wont mess up your whole inventory
[2] the chances of getting this item from a normal mob are extremely low
[3] You can go to hell both you and your irony you are not welcome here:) Maybe if you talk nicer, I might reconsider about my decision.

#1 Pardon me, but it will. If it's an accessory, what need does it have to drop anymore after the first boss, do tell? Ponder carefully upon that. If it's a potion, it still doesn't need to drop each and every time you kill bosses. Health Potions do that, and that's fair enough.

#2 So what? Again, if you can get the item absolutely 100% from the first boss(King Slime or Eye of Cthulhu neither of which are very far into the game), why do you want it to drop from ANY mob ANYWHERE whatsoever? Think!

#3 I made sure to differentiate between my sarcasm(noted by the italics), and my real thoughts on it. Also, what Cutswood said. I'll edit the first post anyway.

You still need the bloody stats, regardless. Damage increase doesn't need to be in it, as it's an item meant to aid grinding, not combat. Also, how will it improve drop rates?

doubles droprates under 10% chance? armor polish 1%, with it equipped its 2% ????

Wasn't feeling very peaky at that moment, rot me. Regardless, my points are valid.

#1 Pardon me, but it will. If it's an accessory, what need does it have to drop anymore after the first boss, do tell? Ponder carefully upon that. If it's a potion, it still doesn't need to drop each and every time you kill bosses. Health Potions do that, and that's fair enough.

#2 So what? Again, if you can get the item absolutely 100% from the first boss(King Slime or Eye of Cthulhu neither of which are very far into the game), why do you want it to drop from ANY mob ANYWHERE whatsoever? Think!

#3 I made sure to differentiate between my sarcasm(noted by the italics), and my real thoughts on it. Also, what Cutswood said. I'll edit the first post anyway.

You still need the bloody stats, regardless. Damage increase doesn't need to be in it, as it's an item meant to aid grinding, not combat. Also, how will it improve drop rates?
Cant you read what i posted?
I said the community decides what the stats are. I just give a simple idea, community improves it. It looks like you know more than I do so go ahead and tell me, what should the item's stats be.

While I am adequate at pointing out flaws, wholly balancing items are not the best of my forte.

@Baconfry, how would you go about an accessory to aid drop rates? I seem to recall your Treasure Hunter's Knife, or whatever it was called, any chance of this working in tandem with that?

Cant you read what i posted?
I said the community decides what the stats are. I just give a simple idea, community improves it. It looks like you know more than I do so go ahead and tell me, what should the item's stats be.

And that's what Freenight was doing.

Improving your suggestion by giving critics and opinions.

A bit inconsistent, are we?

Back
Top Bottom