Hybrid Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeSpawn

Golem
I was thinking that, because once Hardmode starts, you're really forced to choose one of <del>three</del> four classes, and got me wondering why there were no HM armor sets were the beneficial to someone who plays all four classes at once/changes class in the middle of battle often. Normally I would make a suggestion or two (not that I wont in the near future) but I was wondering if you guys have some good ideas as to what would be a good "hybrid" set of armor. I was thinking Shroomite Helm, Beetle Breastplate, and Spectre pants, but idk, perhaps you guys can find a better loadout.

You aren't forced to use a class, you just have the privilege of enhancing one of them. You can still use all of the damage types fully, with the few exceptions that need damage bonuses to function properly (Wasp Gun being a prime example).

If we're talking end-game, all you really need is the Avenger Emblem, Destroyer emblem and Celestial Stone. Those three together give 32% damage and 12% critical universally. And then you have the choice of what set effect to take full use of. I use these three to make my Nimbus Rod/Rainbow Gun/summons more powerful while being fully devoted to Ranged Weapons too.

I was never forced to choose any class. Not even getting into the whole "classes don't even exist to begin with" but other than the DPS-reliant events, there's nothing disabling you from winning a boss fight using a ranged weapon with melee armor, for example. And even in the events, traps help the DPS.

I am confused as to when we were being forced to use a specific class for anything at any point. if i want to specialize in magic, i put on my magic armor when i want to specialize, when i want to diversify, i adjust my accessories and use a combination of buffs to compensate for the additional tactics i might be using for jumping around from class to class without this "being forced" to change gear. pre-planning lets you work on-the-fly without any issues and lets you maintain a smooth pace.

i implore you! please, think carefully before assuming silly and nonsensical things about what we are being "forced/made" to do.

[edit]
specializing in a single class is a choice, not a requirement, and hybrid armor is bad because it requires watering down the potency of the bonuses to maintain balance.

I guess my point didn't quite get across completely. What I mean by "forced to chose a class" is that there's no full set of armor that works well with all three (four :L) classes.* Especially with the upgraded Chrolo armor sets. However, it seems that I'm the only person here who changes their weapons and armor constantly to adapt to the situation I'm in for battle. Which is why I'm looking for "hybrid" armor, or armor that works well with all three classes which can be used for endgame, so I don't need to change my armor as often.

Am I really the only person here who is bothered by the fact that there is no hardmode armor which works well with all three (four) classes?**

*I know one can change the helm to change their "class", but that becomes a great hassle/inconvenience with the upgraded Chrolo armor sets.
**Frost armor is okay with ranged and melee classes, but it's not very good for late hardmode, and doesn't affect the mage class.

Why exactly do you need to switch armor?

If its for events such as pumpkin and frost then switch before starting those. Its not that hard.
It's more of switching in the middle of the events like when you're low on HP but don't need to use a potion immediately, thus going from tanking the ground to a healing mage in the mid till I have sufficient HP and go back to tanking. Then when Ice Queens/Pumpkin Kings come out, I switch to Archer/Rocketteer, depending on the amount of of either boss there is, and once they die I go to a healing mage or tank, depending on my HP.

If you were wondering, this works very well, just takes more time to get used to.

Am I really the only person here who is bothered by the fact that there is no hardmode armor which works well with all three (four) classes?**

that's why some of us keep our alternate headpiece for our "desired set" in our vanity slot and do a quick open of our inventory to right-click :p

also, on a direct and related point to your question, i'm willing to bet that you might be one of the few players that actually are bothered by this "lack" of a universal set. personally, i see it as a waste of code, time and effort to add something like that just because we have a few lazy gamers that dont want to brush up on their speed skills and learn how valuable pre-planning can be.

Yeah I used to try to play as a single class for playthroughs, but I realized I enjoy using weapons of all classes too much to really do this anymore. It's more fun to switch things up often, in my opinion.

I play as every class and therefore lug around all my armor, accs and weaponry with me ( endgame weaponry) in my safe and piggy bank. I find myself doing fine with this but I sometimes forget my ammo. Also is this a suggestion thread, or a discussion suggestion thread?

I guess my point didn't quite get across completely. What I mean by "forced to chose a class" is that there's no full set of armor that works well with all three (four :L) classes.

And my point being that there is a setup that works well for all classes. Armour and weapons aren't the only contributors to performance in the game; accessories play an even bigger role than armour does. As I said before:

If we're talking end-game, all you really need is the Avenger Emblem, Destroyer emblem and Celestial Stone. Those three together give 32% damage and 12% critical universally. And then you have the choice of what set effect to take full use of. I use these three to make my Nimbus Rod/Rainbow Gun/summons more powerful while being fully devoted to Ranged Weapons too.

As for wanting a baseless class armour, you can always support this thread:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/gaia-armor.896/

Last edited:
**Frost armor is okay with ranged and melee classes, but it's not very good for late hardmode, and doesn't affect the mage class.
Also I can get just as far with frost armor and proper accessories as I can with spectre armor with proper accessories in moons and with bosses....

I can actually fight all mech bosses+ocram+golem with both spectre and frost armor WITHOUT going below 300 health the entire fight

I'd like to see some generalist or hybrid armors as well. I get that none of the class-focused armors "force" you to use that specific class, but it feels like it's strongly hinting that you shouldn't use other stuff with it. And since I usually focus on defensive or mobility accessories, I don't have a bunch of emblems to "make up" for not having class specific bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom