Blocks & Decoration Hyper Extractinator

Haydenman2

Steampunker
So my idea, a very simple one, is the Hyper Extractinator, the upgraded Hardmode version of the Extractinator. To craft it, you would require an Extractinator, 10 of your 3 Hardmode Ore Bars, and 3 Chlorophyte Bars.

How would it work?
Well, being an upgraded Extractinator, I think it would be far more efficient at processing Silt, Slush, and Desert Fossils, giving you an increased chance to get most of the drops that the standard Extractinator provides. On top of that, you would have a very small chance of getting some materials exclusive to the Hyper Extractinator, leaving you a Hyper Extractinator loot table that may look something like this.

• 8% Tin Ore, Copper Ore, Lead Ore, Iron Ore, Tungsten Ore, Silver Ore, Platinum Ore, Gold Ore
  • 4% Amathyst, Topaz, Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond
  • 80% Copper Coin
  • 6% Silver Coin
  • 1% Gold Coin
  • 0.05% Platinum Coin
  • 0.05% Amber Mosquito
  • 2% Amber
  • 20% Sturdy Fossil
  • 2.5% Demonite Ore, Crimtane Ore, Shadow Scale, Tissue Sample
  • 2% Meteorite
  • 1.5% Hellstone Bar
  • 0.8% Palladium Ore, Cobalt Ore
  • 0.6% Orichalcum Ore, Mithril Ore
  • 0.4% Cursed Flame, Ichor
  • 0.3% Titanium Ore, Adamantium Ore
  • 0.09% Hallowed Bar
  • 0.07% Chlorophyte Ore
  • 0.008% Crimson Seeds, Corrupt Seeds
Well, that's my idea. Tell me what you think!
And yes, I know you'd probably be able to tell there was a Hallowed Bar sticking out of some Silt. I mean, the things are pretty big. But to add to the loot table, that's why I put it there.

Last edited:
Hmm... Very interesting idea! Fishing Crates give hardmode ores when in hardmode (people even hoard them for that purpose), so it's probably fair there's an upgraded Extractinator too.

But on that note, I personally think some things could be changed.
Do not include: Shadow Scale, Tissue Sample, Cursed Flame, Ichor, Crimson Seeds and Corrupt Seeds
These don't really seem fitting to the Extractinator. I think it'd be best to stick with ore and gems, like the original Extractinator does. Some of these are also really easy to obtain, even if you need to visit another world for it.
Do not include: Hallowed Bars, Chlorophyte Ore
These are both renewable from fighting bosses or growing naturally in mud, so not really needed with the Extractinator either. Plus (if I remember correctly), Fishing Crates don't provide these.
Change: Hellstone Bars to Hellstone Ore
Perhaps include: Obsidian

I would also like to see everything total to 100%, like on the Wiki. Something like:
0.5% Amber Mosquito / Amber / Amethyst / Diamond / Emerald / Ruby / Sapphire / Topaz (total 4%)
1% Platinum Coin
2% Titanium / Adamantite Ore / Gold Coins (total 6%)
3% Mythril / Orichalcum Ore / Silver Coins (total 9%)
5% Meteorite / Hellstone / Cobalt / Palladium Ore (total 20%)
20% Crimtane / Demonite Ore / Copper Coins (total 60%)
Altogether: 100%.
Just as a rough example - you don't have to pay attention to my numbers too much.

... Which made me think of another suggestion that the Hyper Extractinator not produce normal mode ores. The player can have a normal and Hyper Extractinator together, and place in resources depending on what he or she wants as output. Even in the endgame, some normal mode ores are still valuable, such as Iron and Lead for the crafting properties.

Back
Top Bottom