tModLoader HyperTerraria mod

Should the Tektite Armor be a hardmode armor ?

• Total voters
Does it ? ...
[doublepost=1464975975,1464975894][/doublepost]Wow, tbh, I'm kindoff impressed here hahaha, I didn't even knew it worked in 1.3.1 myself, seems like Tmodloader didn't change much then, so yay no time for porting needed.

By the name of the mod i thought it'd add higher difficulties like extreme, ultra super strong mobs ''Hyperterraria''

I planned bosses and post moon lord mobs etc.. but I just lack time to do this, exams incoming ( and happening ) + I have other things to maintain + irl ( copyrighted )
[doublepost=1465069391,1465069373][/doublepost]though I would love to have a spotlight on this mod

And still no mod review, damn you baum X_x y u do dis 2 meh :C
On a more serious note, I need to rework the homing code, as for some reason, projectiles tend to turn to achieve a horizontal or vertical line.

I enjoy your super accessories. Their very interesting:naughty::naughty:. If I could say one thing was I would increase how hard it is to get the ring accessory. It's very good and quite ez to get.

:pinky::pinky::pinky:

Brand new weapon reveal :
The Automatic 3-round burst Vortexian Sniper Rifle
Shoots 3 custom enchanted vortex coated chlorophyte homing rounds in a rapid succession.
Damage : 200
Crit : 100%
Reuse delay between bursts : 30 ticks ( vs 36 for the sniper for single rounds )
Knockback : 7
Mana and bullet use : None, though similarly to the chlorophyte blaster, it's hybrid ranged-magic damage ( meaning while it says it's ranged damage + it is affected by ranged bonuses, it also get affected by some magic effects, like the spectre armor... )
Average DPS : 3000 ( vs 5000 for the hyper battle staff, but it's range is limited )
Endgame sniper, now should it be post moon lord or pre moon lord is the main question...

All homing projectiles now uses a new much more fluid and refined code, meaning they won't home erratically anymore and will home fluuuuuuiiiiiiidly on stuff.
Gonna further nerf recipes..
And the insta kill protection is soon going to have a 1200 ticks ( 20 seconds ) cooldown.
The tektite armor is being worked on atm and I will probably add more laser weapons in the game... it might even have a post golem upgrade, but it's going to be done later and not for this update..
Working on adding horizontal acceleration on agility based accessories... but I have no idea how to do it, as I want people to accelerate to 102 mph even in the air :/ For now use dash accessories.

Also, the mod is not on the browser anymore, so this will be fixed soon...

Status Update : Working on armors, since early game grind is seriously annoying, I will first add a new armor named the runic stone armor and then do tektite, and afterward maybe the night's armor and the true hallowed one, which is an armor that is between gold/platinum and corrupted armors defense wise, but that one should really consider if it's worth wearing or not... as it also has anti-benefits..

Runic armor set :
5 defense for each pieces

-Helmet : Makes you emit faint light but your crit chance is reduced by 5%

-Chestplate : Allows a runic saxum orb to fight for you ( fires on enemy runes at an average rof, runes deals 1 damage and home ) but you barely can maintain the orb summoned, so your minion capacity is reduced by 1 and your total damage is reduced by 10%.

-Leggins : Runic enchantments allows you to sprint but at the cost of a heavily hindered acceleration due to the rune activation being slow and the armor heavy, so -50% acceleration

Set bonus : The runes protect you, so you have 5% resistance + fall damage resistance + knocback resistance, but mana based items cost 50% more mana and total crit chance and damage further reduced by 5% and 10% each
Crafted with stone and fallen stars at a work bench
The saxum orb acts like a minion, it's the same tier as the slime staff, dps is lower than slimey but at least it can fly and the runes has a very low chance to miss due to homingness.

It is in the game, it's crafted with composite bars, souls of night and light and heart crystals at a crystal ball but you can only use it if you already have 500 max health.
[doublepost=1472931813,1472931404][/doublepost]Btw status update, I am polishing the drone atm, and also a separate drone accessory crafted with 2 c-bars will be soon added, so the new crafting recipe for the terrarian ring with 2 c-bar is a placeholder, it's because I had a very weird bug with the tmodloader compiler...
it's now going to stay above your head in the same way the leaf crystal is ( the old ai was also a placeholder before I found out how it worked ), but a separate drone will be added as an offense capable pet that has the old ai.
Other interesting notes : the armor "skeleton" code is mostly done, but I would need someone to make me the animation texture, as I have 0 idea how it's done... the texture i would need would be a stone gray shadow armor recolor for the rune armor and a light blue-purple & orange recolor of the meteor armor.
Btw the 3 round burst sniper rounds are not supposed to exactly go through the ground like they do, ideally I want them to go through the ground but at a VERY slow speed + the enchanted blaster rounds are supposed to "slide" along the tiles if it hits ones but I have no idea how to do that either for now, maybe bouncingness ? Besides another thing to fix is the fact homingness doesn't work when projectiles are in the tiles except for enemies that "noclip".

Also another note meant mentionning, the Elemental Sword concept isn't finished yet, it's final functionnality would be ticking elemental damage, lemme explain how that would work, basically, the damage of the sword would be lowered to 10 and crit would be standard crit + 1 bonus point, and the phaseblades will have a massively cut range ( still can go outside of screen of view but not as far ), instead, the phaseblade now pierces 5 enemies BUT doesn't have any pierce cooldown as the damage is inflicted onhit, also worth mentionning, the phaseblade damage will be separate, dealing a consistent 2 dmg per hit and 4 per crit ( so it's like it always did critical hits if it had 1 damage only ).
Now what would this change ? Well it would make this weapon WAY more useful in hardmode as you could ignore the armor of enemies and deal 2 damage per hit anyways and would make this weapon WAY more balanced in normalmode while remaining powerful ( night edge level ), as the night edge is way better in general in hardmode compared to the elemental sword. In the end the total dps crit included ( and the elemental sword swing excluded in this case ) you could achieve is =~ weapon_firing_speed_rps * phaseblade_pierce * damage * ( 1 + crit/100 ) ; or ; 4 * 5 * 2 * 1.05 = ~40.2 dps, which is really good in normalmode ( inferior to some weapons like the night edge or the star cannon but if you consider the fact it ignores tiles and is homing and free to use, it's really good ) + useful early harmode before you get can craft it's upgrade to deal consistent damage to enemies and stunlocking them and if you hit them with both the projectile and the blade, you would essentially be dealing double dps.
Any thoughts ?

Yay, a thread! Now I have a reason to install and know what I am getting... Oh... I was trying to figure out why skeletron prime dropped a Ankh a long time ago... Now I know why. Derp.

The mod used to have a link to the thread but for some reasons the 1.3.1 update removed it
@Electroman054
, but it's back, also updating the thread with the new items atm.
And @Godslayer, yes it's from the To aru series, it's Misaka Chibimouto 20001 & Chibi-Accelerator :3

Will this mod be updated to 1.3.4.4? : (

Me and some friends are doing an insane-difficulty challenge, using one of the mods that allows us to configure the stats of stuff in game to be like a "Expert 2.0" kinda thing, and I was going to use my "Unbreakable Tank" build using your shield/ring, the lich trinket (I think from calamity/thorium mod?), and the class mod (to be the Fortress class), but I cant find a download link for your mod, nor can I find it in tmodloaders mod listing/browser! ; - ; Halp plz.

I'm sorry to announce I will no longer be updating this mod, anyone who wants to update it is free to do it, IRL (tm) is taking most of my time away and I have no idea how to port the old code to the newer tmodloader.

I will come back eventually, but for now, peace people o/

Back
Top Bottom