PC I am terribly confused about something I've have recently seen.

TBobbitt

Terrarian
I recently had a world name turn red then back to white again. I'd like to know what this means. Possible conclusions I've come to: a.) Because I cleansed the world of all invasive biomes. b.) I was using a third party map viewer to pinpoint the biome blocks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Red = corrupted world. As in the file.

White = good world. As in the file.

Was it after the recent hotfix? I read somewhere that they fixed about how some worlds couldn't be read in the game.
Not sure what a hotfix is. It was red for one time, but I was still able to play it. When I went to rejoin it was white again.

Not sure what a hotfix is. It was red for one time, but I was still able to play it. When I went to rejoin it was white again.
For some reason in 1.3 corrupted worlds are still playable, at least for me, as for changing back to white, I believe when you play a corrupted world, terraria automatically finds the most recent save/backup and uses that instead of the corrupted file, thus reverting it back to normal.

For some reason in 1.3 corrupted worlds are still playable, at least for me, as for changing back to white, I believe when you play a corrupted world, terraria automatically finds the most recent save/backup and uses that instead of the corrupted file, thus reverting it back to normal.
Sounds like a reasonable explanation.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437970873,1437970755][/DOUBLEPOST]
Except I just used my map viewer to check the last thing I did to the map. Nothing is reverted.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437970873,1437970755][/DOUBLEPOST]
Except I just used my map viewer to check the last thing I did to the map. Nothing is reverted.
Well then, may just be able to restore your map, then again, autosave happens pretty often, so your map was more than likely completely saved before it was corrupted

Back
Top Bottom