Weapons & Equip I bring the mega-death, a.k.a the rock junkie's suggestions.

Scubadog

Skeletron Prime
Heya once again,

A few days ago, I came across another idea when one of my friends exclaimed in glee something about the guitar, but then realized just how bloody useless it is. By the time one gets it, they are free to get better tools and weapons, so this legend of a weapon goes mostly unused.

So, what does one do when a guitar doesn't have enough kick? You put a scorching-squealing-hot overdrive on it! So, here's my idea. Since to acquire it you need to defeat Plantera, that means the dungeon gets upgraded. That means, you could stick a rare skeleton in there, who might resemble a certain deceased music legend, that would drop, say, an overdrive pedal? This in combination with The Axe, would give it it a sound boost, a damage boost (along with a fairly big tool upgrade) and most importantly, a shockwave from the riffs. This shockwave, would push away enemies while still doing damage and looking freaking badass would be exactly the kick this beauty needs in the late game!

Moving on to my next musically-oriented point – more damn guitars. Right, you know how the Magical Harp works? Now, imagine guitars with a very similar principle (though, sill doing swing damage, but far less note damage). More spesifically, acoustic guitars. This is mostly focused on the early-to-mid game, as the guitars could be crafted from the different sorts of wood, with strings from different metals to sort them into damage tiers. It gives a more varied and interesting arsenal to melee weapon enthusiasts, with the added benefit of being able to create music! The code is already there for the Harp, so why not take it a step further and let people make Terraria music videos while still kicking :red:? The description could even be related to the denial of a certain heavenly staircase. ;)

It would also open the vast possibilities for new accessories! For example, the stereotypical guitar-pick necklace to buff your abilities with string-based weapons, or the notebook to increase the velocity of notes!

To sum it up:

• Make The Axe upgradable into a more relevant item for the late-game.
  • Add a new class of melee weapons - Guitars! (Buckle up, yo-yo's, the boys are back in town)
  • A variety of accessories to go with the new weapons!
  • Guitar pedal accessories! Overdrive increases overall damage, reverb makes notes return to you dealing damage twice along the way, etc..! Combine them into a pedal-board for the ultimate late-game buff!

Hope at least one of you out there will agree with any of my insane ramblings! Would love to hear your thoughts!

Buff the Axe? It's an extremely powerful weapon as it is, and it's not even really a weapon. Its a hamaxe.

First off, I'm focusing on the damage aspect of this item. There are better hamaxes out there, so I'm sure if anyone needs to, they have alternatives for it. I'm looking to introduce an entirely new line of weapons, related to guitars, which means having one that competes with the Terra blade would be quite nice, in case someone wants to continue using them up until the very end of the game.

Unlocking the monster to drop the upgrade item could be unlocked after a certain boss, so it wouldn't be overpowered for the stage in game where it currently resides.

All in all, it's meant to be more of a mechanic change than a direct buff.

Back
Top Bottom