PC I can enter world, but it's not in my files

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzlyPoof

Terrarian
I have my first world in my Terraria menu, it's called 'The Journey'
upload_2019-1-29_17-10-0.png

But after I tried Tmod, my main world's file suddenly dissapeared and I freaked out. I then used the normal Terraria again and it was back in the menu but not in the files..? (I DID have the .bak file but it was an older version of my world, so Ignore the lower 'The Journey' files)
If more information needed, just ask

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-29_17-14-57.png
    upload_2019-1-29_17-14-57.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 49
Hello,

The default vanilla save location for worlds is: \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds

The default modloader save location for worlds is: \Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Worlds

Does that clear things up for you?

Hello,

The default vanilla save location for worlds is: \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds

The default modloader save location for worlds is: \Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Worlds

Does that clear things up for you?
No, I transferred all my worlds to Tmodloader, my 'The Journey' File suddenly dissapeared (Probably a misclick) I brought them all back and the only file of The Journey was that old .bak version of the world which is not what I want, look at my attachment from my original post, you'll see no 'The Journey' file (Except the lower files but that was the .bak file I was talking about) which is really weird, I think that the fact that I put it on the cloud made the world come back but it's no where to be seen in my files, I want the file because:
1: Make a backup incase the world file become corrupted (No pun intended)
2: Be able to launch a server in the background so my friends can play without me having to be on the server
If you/someone else knows a solution, please write a reply or say what the actual problem maybe is
-GrizzlyPoof

Apologies for the misunderstanding, I misinterpreted the phrasing from your post.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*STEAM ACCOUNT NUMBER*\105600\remote (the steam account number is going to be a collection of random numbers and it will be different for each person. Most likely you will only see one folder so clickwhichever one shows up.) and see if your Journey file is there.

The file path is the physical representation of the files on the Steam Cloud that are then backed up to Steams servers. If it's on the cloud it will also be there.

Did that help you, and did I understand correctly this time?

Apologies for the misunderstanding, I misinterpreted the phrasing from your post.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*STEAM ACCOUNT NUMBER*\105600\remote (the steam account number is going to be a collection of random numbers and it will be different for each person. Most likely you will only see one folder so clickwhichever one shows up.) and see if your Journey file is there.

The file path is the physical representation of the files on the Steam Cloud that are then backed up to Steams servers. If it's on the cloud it will also be there.

Did that help you, and did I understand correctly this time?
Yes! I found it! Thank you so much, and yes you did understand correctly this time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom