Switch I can't split screen on Switch

RubyHuang

Terrarian
I want to use two-player splitscreen mode ,but I can't split screen on Switch.
I searched many related articles and videos.
The operation method looks very simple.
  1. Player One should start up a Single Player game - choose their character and the world on which you want to play
  2. Once the game has loaded completely, Player Two should pick up their controller and press the A button
  3. This will bring up the User Account Selection Menu - Player Two then selects their Switch User Account
  4. Upon selecting their account, Player Two will be able to select any Character files tied to that account (or create a new one if they do not have any)
  5. Once Player Two picks their Character, they will load into the game... and off you and your buddy go on your Splitscreen Terraria adventures!
I successfully chose the character and world of the first player.
The problem is when I get to step2.
When the world is loaded and the first player plays ,I press A button to join the second player.
Nothing happened ! Even I tried many times or pressed any other button.
I am sure 2 pro con will connect when I press A button.(I confirmed from the console in Switch ,and 2 pro con has two lights)
However, there is no change in the screen, and there is no option to select Player Two Switch User Account.
I bought Terraria on April 28, 2021.
I check the software version in Switch is the latest.

Are there other installation files to download ?
How can I solve it ?

Thank you very much.

This is a me too. I purchased the game to play local multiplayer. It worked twice, and never again. We've using one controller. Start single player, the pressing A on the pro controller. I feel the pro connect, and 2 lights up... but it doesn't bring up the splitscreen any longer.

This is a me too. I purchased the game to play local multiplayer. It worked twice, and never again. We've using one controller. Start single player, the pressing A on the pro controller. I feel the pro connect, and 2 lights up... but it doesn't bring up the splitscreen any longer.
Have you figured it out? I think it's because 1.4 update, but not sure. I just purchased it aswell on the switch

Back
Top Bottom