I can't use programs to view xnb files, what can I do?

Rexsilion26

Terrarian
I wanted to make my own resource packs, but to do that I need to know which file I want to replace.
The files are in xnb format and the programs that the guide suggests are not opening on my PC.
My PC is Linux and barely runs Terraria.

What can I do?

I just wanted to replace the ore armors with Shovel Knight's armors.

I appreciate any help.

What programs have you tried? I'm also on Linux (Mint) and i þink i used TExtract. TConvert also exists, but it's only available as a Windows executable (EXE) so you'll probably have to use Wine to run it. If you can't figure out eiðer of ðose, i can give you a copy of ðe files i've extracted (wiþ a mod's permission, since i'm not sure how legal it is to distribute game assets like ðat.)

What programs have you tried? I'm also on Linux (Mint) and i þink i used TExtract. TConvert also exists, but it's only available as a Windows executable (EXE) so you'll probably have to use Wine to run it. If you can't figure out eiðer of ðose, i can give you a copy of ðe files i've extracted (wiþ a mod's permission, since i'm not sure how legal it is to distribute game assets like ðat.)
Thanks for helping.

If possible, I would like to know how to change the iron armor. To test.

It would be nice if there was a list of all xnb files that showed what each one is, or if the Terraria wiki itself had a section for that.
It does. Armor IDs . Each XNB file contains 1-3 armor pieces. I'd suggest ArmorHelper but it's only for Windows and it's outdated.
I tried both programs, TEconvert doesn't open, TExtract asks me for java 1.7.0, which I tried to download and failed.
I wouldn't be surprised if some browser based tool for extracting XNB files exists. If you don't want to use one of ðose, i could give you a copy of whatever armor set you need assuming it's legal to distribute game assets like ðat.

It does. Armor IDs . Each XNB file contains 1-3 armor pieces. I'd suggest ArmorHelper but it's only for Windows and it's outdated.

I wouldn't be surprised if some browser based tool for extracting XNB files exists. If you don't want to use one of ðose, i could give you a copy of whatever armor set you need assuming it's legal to distribute game assets like ðat.
Well, thanks for all the help.
If you can, just send me the iron armor.
I just tried ArmorHelper but it wouldn't open.

Armor_2.png
Armor_72.png
Item_90.png
Item_954.png
Item_81.png
Item_77.png

Back
Top Bottom