I don't know where to post this, but I need some help.

Macrohard

Terrarian
I can't get the game to work at all. Every time I try, it says 'Please launch the game from your steam client.' even though I already am launching from steam. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and nothing has worked. Google brought me to posts of people having the same issue after an update but they all seemed to get it fixed. Also it is up to date. I also tried the verify game cache integrity thing and just about everything else that had been suggested on those old posts. I really like this game and I would like to play it, so could somebody please help? Also, sorry if this was the wrong place to post this. I am new.

Edit: OK, so the game is now running after I reinstalled steam, but now ALL of my games are uninstalled. Maybe you misunderstood me, but I asked if that would happen and one of you said no.

Last edited:
Does uninstalling steam delete all of my game data, or is it just the software itself. It would literally take me days to re download all of my games.

Uninstall steam should not delete game content, unless you specific say so. The issue with running steam, you may just need to restart Steam and uninstall Terraria then RE-install it. That usually resolves the issue. Rarely should have to uninstall Steam.

Uninstall steam should not delete game content, unless you specific say so. The issue with running steam, you may just need to restart Steam and uninstall Terraria then RE-install it. That usually resolves the issue. Rarely should have to uninstall Steam.
This has been an issue for me for a long time. I have restarted steam dozens of times and uninstalled/reinstalled Terraria 6 times.

This has been an issue for me for a long time. I have restarted steam dozens of times and uninstalled/reinstalled Terraria 6 times.

No your games should not be uninstalled, and it never does without asking you. Remember this, if you uninstall Steam, you do uninstall the manifest files, which means the games are still there, but will need to be verified to retain the manifest. If you have the games installed on the same directory as steam, this will happen. If you install games in a separate folder or drive you can easily re-add the games to your list without any downloading.

No your games should not be uninstalled, and it never does without asking you. Remember this, if you uninstall Steam, you do uninstall the manifest files, which means the games are still there, but will need to be verified to retain the manifest. If you have the games installed on the same directory as steam, this will happen. If you install games in a separate folder or drive you can easily re-add the games to your list without any downloading.
I am in the process of reinstalling all of my games right now. It's going to take me a while. Trust me, they are uninstalled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom