PC I have HAD IT with the frequency of events!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what the wiki says.

From Wiki :

"
  • Rarity lowered in Sky Biome, though still higher than the original rate.
  • Spawning no longer blocked by Cultists' ritual."
Emphasis Added.

My original statement about spawn mechanics was incorrect, though your original complaint about them being nerfed was also incorrect. So I guess we're even.

Don't cheery pick. Look at it again.

I am not the one cherry picking here. Overall spawn rate is higher than it was before, and the one bug which gimped their spawns has been corrected. Unless you feel like guiding me to your point I am going to assume you have an allergy to admitting you are wrong.

Yes - and then.

• 1.3.0.5:
    • Now shows up on Rare Creature Finder.
    • Rarity lowered in Sky Biome, though still higher than the original rate.
    • Spawning no longer blocked by Cultists' ritual.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436957642,1436957570][/DOUBLEPOST]I have now been able to reliably farm the event since the .5 hotfix using a space bridge. They seem really common in the region of the map the goblin scouts spawn in the space layer. So perhaps you should try that if you're still having difficulty with getting them to spawn?

You have a problem reading. This is the last thing I'm going to say to you before you trap me.

The rarity was lowered in the *sky biome*. "Still higher than the original rate" What the :red: does that even mean? I have seen that used a few times before and it smells suspicious.

Spawning blocked by cultists ritual is no factor because you can always easily reset them by letting them kill you and they are gone for an entire day, sometimes longer.

You have a problem reading. .

Here's an idea: maybe don't leap to insults or assumptions just because we are coming to different conclusions from the same patch notes/game experiences. I am having no trouble getting probes to spawn within ~5 minutes of hanging out in the space layer. What method are you trying to get them to spawn?

Here's an idea: maybe don't leap to insults or assumptions just because we are coming to different conclusions from the same patch notes/game experiences. I am having no trouble getting probes to spawn within ~5 minutes of hanging out in the space layer. What method are you trying to get them to spawn?

Space camping like everyone else.

Instead of having tokens to spawn certain events, maybe have some sort of token that gets rid of events, huh? :happy:

Space camping like everyone else.

Well I'm sorry to hear that. It would appear we are having two different experiences using the same method.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436959067,1436958934][/DOUBLEPOST]
Instead of having tokens to spawn certain events, maybe have some sort of token that gets rid of events, huh? :happy:

I've actually thought about that - my solution would be to make it so the Vortex/Nebula/Solar/Stardust monuments block events/invasions from happening and negate enemy spawns in their radius. This would be a pretty effective solution. If people wanted to just have the visual effects without the enemy blocking you could make a fifth monument that only effects spawns that is crafted from a stupid amount of luminite.

Either way, as long as it's something the player has to use end-game gear to craft and doesn't muck up content for everyone else who wants spawns, I'm not sure why it would be a big deal to code in.

I've actually thought about that - my solution would be to make it so the Vortex/Nebula/Solar/Stardust monuments block events/invasions from happening and negate enemy spawns in their radius. This would be a pretty effective solution. If people wanted to just have the visual effects without the enemy blocking you could make a fifth monument that only effects spawns that is crafted from a stupid amount of luminite.

Either way, as long as it's something the player has to use end-game gear to craft and doesn't muck up content for everyone else who wants spawns, I'm not sure why it would be a big deal to code in.
An endgame item that could make the world permanently peaceful, huh? Or at least inside a large radius. I like that idea.
Now THAT is an item I'd love to see dropping from expert Moon Lord. :)

You have a problem reading. This is the last thing I'm going to say to you before you trap me.

The rarity was lowered in the *sky biome*. "Still higher than the original rate" What the :red: does that even mean? I have seen that used a few times before and it smells suspicious.

Spawning blocked by cultists ritual is no factor because you can always easily reset them by letting them kill you and they are gone for an entire day, sometimes longer.
I'm pretty sure that it means they decreased the rarity in sky biome only in this update, and it is still higher than the original (1.3.0.1) (ground-level) rate

You can use the new Sundial to skip ahead a day and skip any event. You can only do so once every in game week though.

I have yet to see a martian probe. (And btw, if you don't want the event to start, just destroy the probe, it's not that big of a deal. If it is difficult to destroy, you should probably be doing the event)

I still see them. And sometimes they're too far away, or on the edge of the screen, and destroying them is pretty tough. I'd also like to point out that it obviously wasn't just me that they listened to. I'm one of many in the community that felt occurrences were too high. And there were enough people saying so for them to consider changing it.

Sorry you're having trouble getting the UFO mount, but we all have that one item that the game just won't give us. Ever play Monster Hunter??

I still say that any event should only happen naturally until you beat it once. Eye of Cthulhu doesn't keep spawning after you kill it the first time...

Last edited:
You guys should really make Grinders then. Or you can use the Enchanted Sundial to skip Blood Moons/Solar Eclipses. :p

You can only use the sundial once per week. If there are 3-4 Solar Eclipses a week, how would that even remotely help?

I don't care about any Solar Eclipse drops either, it's just useless :red: to sell for money I don't need too much. Plus, AFK-ing requires me to keep Terraria open while I would rather do other stuff.

You can only use the sundial once per week. If there are 3-4 Solar Eclipses a week, how would that even remotely help?

I don't care about any Solar Eclipse drops either, it's just useless :red: to sell for money I don't need too much. Plus, AFK-ing requires me to keep Terraria open while I would rather do other stuff.

It would "remotely" help by getting rid of one. Those are options you can do, or just deal with it. Recent patches have made Solar Eclipses and Martian Invasions more rare anyways. It's just RNG.

I agree that the rate of events is annoyingly high now. Like we now have the option of summoning a solar eclipse when we want we don't need an increased spawn rate.
I am almost certain that around 40% of my game is invasions and events, I'm even using the time skippy thing to skip solar eclipses now.

What makes matters worse is that these spammed events may be preventing alien invasions from spawning, which are infinitely more important than eclipses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom