Mobile I have Tablet (small) UI scaling on phone.

STH135

Official Terrarian
Hi.
For some reason on my Android smartphone in Terraria I have really small user interface, as though it were a tablet. Played Terraria for years, this is a first.
It's a Blu Life One X2, rooted, nothing weird installed/changed though, problem existed before root too, and the app is fully paid. I previously owned a Blu R1 HD which worked fine with the app.
Obviously this is a problem because it's harder to precisely touch the joysticks and buttons, making it really unenjoyable.
No clue why, my resolution is 1920x1080, PPI should be ~424, normal for a smartphone. All other apps scale properly.
At first I thought it was the PPI, which oddly wasn't set in system/build.prop, so I changed that to 318 (small), then 630 (large), reinstalled the app and deleted the OBB both times (not that it should matter I think), and while the system UI changed, Terraria still didn't change anything.
Browsed through the app files everywhere and found nothing, so I'm stuck. Any advice/info would be great, I'm clueless. Thanks.

Hi.
For some reason on my Android smartphone in Terraria I have really small user interface, as though it were a tablet. Played Terraria for years, this is a first.
It's a Blu Life One X2, rooted, nothing weird installed/changed though, problem existed before root too, and the app is fully paid. I previously owned a Blu R1 HD which worked fine with the app.
Obviously this is a problem because it's harder to precisely touch the joysticks and buttons, making it really unenjoyable.
No clue why, my resolution is 1920x1080, PPI should be ~424, normal for a smartphone. All other apps scale properly.
At first I thought it was the PPI, which oddly wasn't set in system/build.prop, so I changed that to 318 (small), then 630 (large), reinstalled the app and deleted the OBB both times (not that it should matter I think), and while the system UI changed, Terraria still didn't change anything.
Browsed through the app files everywhere and found nothing, so I'm stuck. Any advice/info would be great, I'm clueless. Thanks.
Can you show a screenshot of what your Terraria looks like on the phone?

I know the tablet interface as I've played on one. It shouldn't be like this on a 5.2" phone. The controls are the main issue, as the large viewing area can be zoomed in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180519-111905[1].png
    Screenshot_20180519-111905[1].png
    115.3 KB · Views: 604
I know the tablet interface as I've played on one. It shouldn't be like this on a 5.2" phone. The controls are the main issue, as the large viewing area can be zoomed in.
Weird, that does look like a tablet display. And where are your hearts and mana?

I would expect that the display could be tweaked to show like this after a phone is rooted and resolution altered. Some players do this intentionally to get the 10 hot bars slots to show on their phone. However, I know you mentioned it was this way before rooting.

Sorry I’m not more help. You can try 505 Games’ Support as they may have more insight into what can be done. Or there may be other members here that can chime in with some thoughts.

If you want to see if 505 Games has any solution, you can try them at their support portal. You’ll need to create an acct to open a support ticket.

https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
28569C2F-42BA-4AA5-A42A-23D2BF95E261.jpeg

Didn't even notice those missing lol odd, but went back and hearts and pause button were there. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Update: Fixed, though through an unconventional way and lucky chance that the custom ROM I decided to flash, changed something (still don't know what) that Terraria now recognizes my device as a phone. To avoid this issue with other unpopular/budget devices/wth, or just to give players a choice, it would be really helpful to have the option to interchange tablet/phone mode, or have a UI scale bar. I hear they're changing the mobile UI, so I hope they add this. Thanks.

the image sent looks a lot like the mobile interface pre 1.3, its the same UI from when terraria mobile was in the 1.2 era

Back
Top Bottom