WIP I managed to make a '3d' spiral staircase!

theblackkoopa

Terrarian
(This paragraph is just me bragging about how it happened BTW, the staircase is below it ;])

I had the entire day to myself, so I decided it was time for some Terraria (Of course). So I started mucking around, farming skeletron, doing fishing quests... all that. Then I stopped. WHAT WAS I DOING.
'I'm in a pre-WOF world with no proper base. All my NPC's are in an annoying box tower... I need to continue building my base!', I thought. So I went to my base... one floor was done so far... ugh. So much for adventure and exploration. So much for spelunking and battling! So much for adrenaline-inducing moments! It was time to build. I wanted to finish my base. I wanted to make it both aesthetically pleasing and practical before hitting HM. But with what would I begin? Well, what is both aesthetically pleasing AND practical? A spiral staircase.
'...and it won't take 10 minutes', I thought. Little did I know I was going to be sitting there, in mama's basement, working on a bloody SPIRAL STAIRCASE for 4 hours straight. But was it worth it? Yes. It started out flat and all, y'know, just google 'terraria spiral staircase' and you can imagine what mine started as. Then I began to notice it looked like it was farther back in the background than all the other blocks. It seemed to have depth. I looked at the clock... this was gonna be a long building session. So for the next 3 hours, I was basically :red:ing around with actuators, paint, and the Terraria's 2d perspective. Whenever I thought what it had looked good I found something wrong with it. Again and again. I could not stop. I had to have the staircase be PERFECT. There was always that ONE subtle thing I saw that ruined it for me. So I kept going... for about 3 hours. Then, with sheer luck, I managed to get a full 3d look and feel to the staircase. By messing with actuators and paint. So for the last hour I basically perfected the new look. Man, am I not just proud (You've probably guessed with this paragraph talking about how I created the staircase, didn't you)

I will fix any flaws I have with this staircase later, it is a WIP obviously. If enough people want it, I will endeavour to make a tutorial on how to make the staircase. Perhaps it only seems great to me and whatnot (Because I made it), so please tell me below :)

Capture 2017-01-07 19_30_10.png

Capture 2017-01-07 19_08_58.png

This looks really cool! The only part that bugs me(very nitpicky) is the bottom part doesn't really curve around like the second part. Otherwise, this looks very well done. You should definitely post a tutorial! Would be perfect for map creators.

Can you tell me waht wall did you use in the back of the platforms and also what did you use on the "outer" part of the steps. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom