PC I need help with my wiring!

tallstar27

Skeletron Prime
Hello! Thank you for your interest in helping me with my wiring. I'm figuring with all the amazing engineers the Terraria forums are home to, someone ought to be able to figure out the solution to my problem.

So for starters, I'd like to think that I'm not an amateur when it comes to wiring; I haven't made anything insane like Diceman or ZeroGravitas, but I've done my fair share of computing which is why I'm baffled that this simple task is being so problematic.

My goal is to make a minigame where players walk on a moving platform over lava to reach the other side of a room. A goldfish spawned from a statue swims underneath the lava and pushes pressure plates to actuate and de-actuate the platform as necessary, but every two blocks refuse to de-actuate after the goldfish passes (see included picture).

upload_2017-1-5_16-30-6.png

The wiring is overwhelming to look at so I decided not to include any pictures of that; instead I'm including a link to the world file. If you want to see if you can tackle the issue, just give it a download and see what you think! I've included a teleporter right to the problem area from the spawn and a chest with the Grand Design, Wire, Actuators, and Cosmic Car Keys.

The link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsm9oqrzqq8wyph/The_Co-op_Compendium.wld?dl=0. Thanks so much for your guys' help! I hope we can get this resolved. :D

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    138.3 KB · Views: 108
The cause for blocks 'refusing' to deactuate is simple enough, junction box that is placed to prevent other colors of wires from crossing also 'cuts' the wire colors that are not at risk of crossing. Can't really word it better, just make an L shape with a single wire color and put a junction box in the angle, you'll probably see what I mean.

I can't think of a 'real' solution, but maybe a simple workaround will be enough? Cut the wires above the actuators, dig 4+ blocks deeper under the fish statue, put 2nd fish statue there. Put 1st fish statue on platforms where it was, and trigger both statues at the same time. Remember to fill up with water again.

edit: also, this should probably be in here

Thanks @pbq! There was just so much wiring going on and I was so tired of looking at it I guess I just couldn't tell the corners were being cut off. I'll just have the 5th or 6th pressure plate spawn another goldfish to follow behind and turn off the pressure plates; way easier and tons less wiring. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom