Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I am having trouble getting the Ice Golem to spawn during blizzards in the cavern layer where wolves and similar surface snow biome monsters spawn. Unless I'm just extremely unlucky, I've tried for at least 3 blood moon nights with a water candle and a battle potion and not a single one as spawned thus far.

My character and world are in Journey mode and I'm playing on Expert difficulty.
One mech boss defeated as well if that helps, although Sand Elementals can spawn so I don't believe progression is locking me out of Ice Golems.

Same problem here. I looked at decompiled code and saw what was preventing them from spawning. They just never spawn because of something being set to 0 all the time in DDU seeds. Not sure if it's intended that this has such an effect on their spawn condition.

edit:
seems like it's only a singleplayer issue
just host your world on multiplayer to get them to spawn again

Last edited:
That's an awkward solution. I'll try it next time I play but I might just transfer cores over from another character.

edit: worked perfectly with the first attempt. I wonder why it works that way.

Last edited:
I know this is a week old, but wanted to leave a note that this has been confirmed and reported to the developers. Ice Golems do spawn on MP but not on SP on the Everything seed.

Back
Top Bottom