Mobile Icloud

DaPineapple

Terrarian
I don’t see a reason why iCloud storage was removed. I had a character who had killed the moon lord saved on there, as I wasn’t going to play terraria for a while. When I came back it was gone. I know that duplication cheats are possible, but you can easily avoid them, by instead of just duplicating the character (or world) into cloud, it also deletes the original. This would mean that you could only have 1 of each character at a time, so you couldn’t duplicate, as when you place items in a chest, the duplicated character will not have those items.

I don’t see a reason why iCloud storage was removed. I had a character who had killed the moon lord saved on there, as I wasn’t going to play terraria for a while. When I came back it was gone. I know that duplication cheats are possible, but you can easily avoid them, by instead of just duplicating the character (or world) into cloud, it also deletes the original. This would mean that you could only have 1 of each character at a time, so you couldn’t duplicate, as when you place items in a chest, the duplicated character will not have those items.
Hi @DaPineapple, welcome to the forums. :)

The reason cloud storage was removed was not to stop people from duplicating their character and worlds. You can still do that, and even easier, with the new file formats. The new format of the save files also give you much more control over creating backup copies of your data, which is so important. You can even create a backup copy and store it in the cloud if you’d like.

Back
Top Bottom