Ideas for Different Class Playthroughs

Rohir_Santagron

Spazmatism
We all know the big 4 of Melee, Mage, Ranged, and Summoner. Some of you dislike confining yourselves to one strict class and that's fine, but what I'd like to discuss is potential sub-classes which would utilize the more abstract weapons, tools and armors, yet still adhere to a theme.

One example is -

Ninja: Shurikens, Throwing Knives, Blowpipe, Climbing Claws, Tabi, etc. Focuses on mobility and guerilla tactics.

Any other ideas? Feel free to add equipment suggestions and ways to make these characters viable all the way through the endgame.

I tend to eventually grow bored of the standard loadouts and would like new ideas for the sake of variety!

@ppowersteef did a Throwing weapons only playthrough, Kinda like the ninja playthrough you stated before.
I'd like to think that Fire weapons only (E.G Flaming Arrows, Molotovs, Etc) Is fun

Another one i had an idea for is, One weapon for each tier (Rolls off the tounge doesn't it?) is a nice challenge
Either one is tough

Gangster - Shortswords, Chain Knife, Throwing Knives, Molotovs, and a Handgun. Not very applicable in Hardmode but it makes pre-Hardmode interesting.

Another pre-Hardmode one. Ore Tiers - Copper/Tin weapons and armor to fight EoC, Iron/Lead for EoW/BoC, Silver/Tungsten for Skeletron, and Gold/Platinum for WoF.

Werewolf: Melee based armor, Moon Charm, the shroomite claw, Celestial Stone, Feral Claws, Warrior Emblem, rage potions, melee potions and flasks.

Great ideas everyone! I think a common theme though is the lack of options as hardmode progresses, in terms of niche characters. You've got a decent selection of weapons, but the armor and accessories are somewhat limited if you want to survive and thrive.

I was thinking about a Far Cry Playthrough. (All guns and rocket launchers, molotovs, grenades, and a shortsword as knife)
However, This is not really challenging at all. It's almost a normal ranger plathrough with limits of bows and throwables.

Like @TheG434 already said, A throwable only playthrough is cool, and pretty challenging too.
First I was thinking about another ninja playthrough with an existing ninja (Either Sheik or Taki). this was more based on a ninja playthrough you stated in the OP.
But I'm really happy that I made a new OC instead. Nageru is awesome.

museum:
gain all lower tier weapons before unlocking heigher ones:
All wood and cactus equipment->copper->iron->silver->gold+trident(if spear is acquiered)->crimson/corruption->jungle or dungeon->hell ...(continue similiar in HM)
before advancing to the tier make sure you´ve collected everything and put it up in nice rooms.
In the end you get a nice museum instead of an end game char

museum:
gain all lower tier weapons before unlocking heigher ones:
All wood and cactus equipment->copper->iron->silver->gold+trident(if spear is acquiered)->crimson/corruption->jungle or dungeon->hell ...(continue similiar in HM)
before advancing to the tier make sure you´ve collected everything and put it up in nice rooms.
In the end you get a nice museum instead of an end game char

Haha I actually do this more or less, in all my playthroughs. It's cetcertainty a waste of time to some, but I just feel bad for say, skipping straight to Crimtatne or Shadow armor, bypassing all the exploration that would come from acquiring each tier.

You don't need the furnace, you can just loot a chest and get a Boomerang for example or an Ice Blade from Ice Chests. Or rely on RNG, or buy stuff. I made the full description of this challenge in my signature.

Merchant: Coin Gun(100 Gold Coins)
(Any Tools)
Lucky Coin
Watch(Any Kind)
GPS
Downside:
Restricted to Buying Items
Reaper: Death Sickle
Vampire Knives
(Any Tools)
Moon Stone
Bone Wings(Hide it to make it look like he/she's flying w/o wings)
Medicated Bandage
The Plan
Countercurse Mantra
Blindfold
Reaper Set[Reaper Hood and Reaper Robe]
Ice Warrior:Ice Sickle
Frostbrand
Ice Bow(Frostburn Arrows)
(Any Tools)
Frozen Wings
Blizzard in a Balloon
Frostspark Boots
Arctic Diving Gear

That's all I could think off.... But yeah there you go.

One Playthrough avaible class could be the Dryad, in which you aren't allowed to use any swords(as they are unnatural) nor any ranged weps(for the same reason). Instead you have to use magic spells, that don't include anything harmful for nature, such as the fire flower and spells with similar nature destroying attributes. The point is, the class is to be one with nature, use nature oriented spells, along with having summons to be even more with nature. Much like a semi Magic/Summoner class. It's a class that is applicable for an entire playthrough, with some minor difficulty spikes here and there, in which your weapons are restricted somewhat.

Might not be the most original idea, but I hope it's the kind of class idea you were looking for, as it seems you want something one could complete an entire playthrough with.

an Alchemist class but more than a playthrough I would like it as a new class, adding more molotovs types of weapons with different effects would be cool like the new toxic flask. also crafting diferent potions, similar to RO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom