NPCs & Enemies Ideas for new Npcs, Bosses and other stuff.

Gelo

Terrarian
Hey, guys! So we all know that Terraria is pretty big, and you can think of a lot of new ideas to extend it. So, in this thread I will post my ideas for the game, just for the fun of it. I also hope that if the creators of Terraria are out of ideas, they are able to see this and add some ideas to their game. Also, if you have any idea that you want me to draw and post, tell me on the comments, and I shall post it (Acknowledging the users, of course).

First idea: Old guide and Guide of Flesh

OldGuide Still.png

The Old guide is a new NPC that sells you a variety of items. Supposedly, he is the guide of a hero before you, that failed in his mission. He appears after the moon lord has been defeated.
Quotes:

"You know, I actually went to high school with [Name of the Clothier]. Didn't end up with the same luck as me though." (Only if clothier is present)

"Moon Lord? More like the Spoon Lord!"

"I remember when my student fought the slime king for the first time. Luckily, I wasn't in charge of cleaning his remains every time."

"Your guide is pretty good at his teaching. I might learn a thing or two from him. At least his student's plead of death wasn't answered by a Zombie Eskimo" (If Guide is present)

"Why are everyone so scared about the eye of Cthulhu? He's just an eye."

"When this garage sale comes to an end, I will start cooking. I always wanted to be one."

In a blood moon:
"What's the big deal? Christmas sales? Halloween?"

-He sells:
Electrikuatificator.png
Electrikuatificator. A grenade that does 300 damage, has 40 Knockback, has 44 use time, 5.5 velocity and the tooltip of "Zappping!" (1 gold)
Moon fish.png
Moon fish: A fish that can be used to craft the Moonified Reaver Shark *
Burnified wood.png
Burnified wood: Some short of wood, used for the following objects.
Item_321.png
Item_1173.png
Item_1174.png
Item_1175.png
Item_1176.png
Item_1177.png
Tombstones: Selled during a blood moon, they are worth 2 silver each.
Burned guide voodoo doll.png
Burned Guide Voodoo Doll (1 platinum)

The last item is especial, because it's used to summon the...

Guide of Flesh!
Guide of Flesh.png
He has 180000 life points, and attacks with the Caster AI (Like the goblin sorcerer) trowing "cursed mirrors"
Cursed mirror.png
witch do a 150 damage, and teleporting.

On death, he leaves:
Dead Hornet.png
Dead hornet, witch summons a pet called The Undead Hornet...
UnDead Hornet.png

Knight's Sword.png
...A Knight's sword, witch does 400 damage, with 5 Knockback, 50% critical hit, 30 use time, velocity of 4 and worth 50 gold coins.

Guide of Flesh's mask.png
...And a Guide of Flesh's mask, vanity item worth nothing and with the tooltip: "Smelly."

You also get trophy of: To Kill A Friend.
To Kill A Friend.png

*The Moonified Reaver Shark has a potencial of 300%, does 40 damage, has 5 knockback, an use time of 23, 60 speed and the tooltip "Lakes in the moon? Yeah!" (Worth 60 gold coins)
Moonified Reaver Shark.png

The Brainiak:
It basically is the hardmode version of The Brain of Cthulthu, with a reversed version of the AI of The Eye Of Cthulthu, because he shoots lasers from every corner of his body in it's second form and chases you around all the time.

It has 80000 max. health, and drops Soul of Might, Greater healing potion, Hallowed bar, and his own personalized mask and trophy.

Well, that was it for today. Remember to comment if you have any ideas!

Last edited:
He doesn't really sell anything new. Well except for the voodoo doll which has its own problems.

A boss with 4000 health is really easy. Especially considering you made it a post moon lord enemy.

You can already make beenades. At the final tier you have no reason to use them. Unless of course you like seeing the number one over and over.

You also gave no idea of what the knight sword does. What's to separate it from the iron broadsword?

Just an idea:

Cerebral Core

HP: 95000 / 105000
Defense: 0 / 5
The hardmode version of Brain of Cthulhu
(Sorry I know this is copied but it is my view of it)
When cerebral core has awoken, Boss 4 soundtrack will play.

Spawning: Sometimes, the message “You begin to slowly lose energy...” will appear, warning you that the boss is about to spawn, or use a Mechanical Brain at night.

1st Form:
The cerebral core has computer creepers flying around it. ( 1500 HP each ) And like brain of Cthulhu, you will need to defeat the computer creepers to reach its second phase.

2nd form:
Cerebral core now reveals a computer chip inside it from the middle, but it gets a new ability: A cerebral Deathray. The cerebral Deathray fires from a timer at the bottom of its "Spine". Cerebral Deathray acts exactly like Phantasmal Deathray fired from the moon lord. In expert mode, 2 cerebral deathrays will be fired at the same time, facing end to end, and the countdown time is reduced.

Drops:

Soul of Might (15 - 40) 100%
Wire (5-7) 100%
Cerebral Core Trophy I 10%
Motherboard (Expert mode only) 5%
Silver coin x 50 I 100%
Gold coin x 20 I 100%
Platinum coin x3 I 10%
Hallowed Bar (15-30) 100%
Programmed Rod (Magic weapon) 40%

Just an idea:

Cerebral Core

HP: 95000 / 105000
Defense: 0 / 5
The hardmode version of Brain of Cthulhu
(Sorry I know this is copied but it is my view of it)
When cerebral core has awoken, Boss 4 soundtrack will play.

Spawning: Sometimes, the message “You begin to slowly lose energy...” will appear, warning you that the Boss is about to spawn, or use a Mechanical Brain at night.

1st Form:
The cerebral core has computer creepers flying around it. ( 1500 HP each ) And like brain of Cthulhu, you will need to defeat the computer creepers to reach its second phase.

2nd form:
Cerebral core now reveals a computer chip inside it from the middle, but it gets a new ability: A cerebral Deathray. The cerebral Deathray fires from a timer at the bottom of its "Spine". Cerebral Deathray acts exactly like Phantasmal Deathray fired from the moon lord. In expert mode, 2 cerebral deathrays will be fired at the same time, facing end to end, and the countdown time is reduced.

Drops:

Soul of Might (15 - 40) 100%
Wire (5-7) 100%
Cerebral Core Trophy I 10%
Motherboard (Expert mode only) 5%
Silver coin x 50 I 100%
Gold coin x 20 I 100%
Platinum coin x3 I 10%
Hallowed Bar (15-30) 100%
Programmed Rod (Magic weapon) 40%
Maybe you could do Boss 2 Music (Boss 2 and Moon Lord music compete, but this is not the Moon Lord!)
[doublepost=1553547680,1553547299][/doublepost]You could also do the Boss 3 Music for the Cerebral Core, it is played during the Brain of Cthulhu boss fight.

I like the flavor of the suggestion but not a fan of the stuff he sells. IMO he should sell “rule breaking” utility items.
Examples:
-Instantly advance to start of next night no CD
-Instantly advance to start of next day no CD
-Activate to guarantee next day will be blood moon
-similar item for holidays and eclipse
-rain/slime rain on demand
-a non consumable explosive capable of destroying tiles (for fast demolishing/terraforming)
-instant ML summon

Okay, a bit of criticism

1. The Old Guide really needs a rename and slight redesign, I think something like "The Old Mentor" would cause a lot less confusion

2. God the grammar
Burned, not burnified (not a word)
Lunar, definitely not MOONIFIED (you can't just put 'ified' at the end of a word and call it a day)
Why IS everyone so scared of the *E*ye of Cthulhu? IT's just an eye.

3. The Brainiack would have to be accessible in all worlds as to truly be a crimson variant of The Destroyer. Same for the Cerbial Core, Darkbolt26

4. The BoC should not have mechanical variant as it does not hold a title that Skeletron, the EoC, and the EoW, have, A.K.A. the reason all the bosses don't have mechanical variants, is because they weren't the first bosses in the game.

5. All the bosses have 2 things
A. Some factor of intimidation
B. An unique AI
the guide of flesh has neither

6. Tombstones shouldn't need to cost anything
Their FREE

7. Having burned (not burnified) wood be only sold during blood moons is a shear annoyance for people who really like it or people who would like to use it for builds.

8. The death message reference in the dialogue really shouldn't be there. It feels very out of place.

9. The Moon Lord is a much better final boss than the guide of flesh

10. Isn't it common sense you would get a moon fish by fishing? Specifically in the sky?

Extra note: while writing 9 I thought of a much better boss,
The Sacrificed
Has the design of an amalgamation of guides
Fought in hell
Summoned the same way as the WoF
Gives the achievement "Second death"
I don't have the creativity to make specific stats and drops for a post-Golem boss

Back
Top Bottom