If you could create your own biome, what would it be?

GameKarim

Terrarian
Hey guys, so this is my first thread on this forum.
I am a huge sucker for biomes, especially alternates of certain ones and I wanted to ask you as the community to name your biome ideas here in this thread. Doesn't matter how strange they are (should be a real idea though and not just some silly joke biome), just post them down below. I created some kind of template so you don't have to write an endless text.

Rules:
-No joke ideas please
-Don't write an endless text (but you can explain your idea in depth if you want)
-Don't just copy stuff from the forums (Like the Cyber, Confection, Toad Cave etc.)

Biome Name:
Alternate of:
Basic Theme:
Color Scheme:
Enemies/Boss/Items (Optional):

[Example:
Biome Name: The Crimson
Alternate of: The Corruption
Basic Theme: Blood, Flesh, Gore/ Biome made out of meat
Color Scheme: Red, Pink and Yellow (Ichor)
Enemies/Boss/Items (Optional): Facemonster/Brain of Cthulhu/Crimtane Ore]

I am really interested to read the stuff you come up with. Thanks for reading!

{I don't know if someone has done this before, if it has been done before, sorry about that}

Last edited:
Biome Name: The Hollow

Alternate of:
A new one, (If not, maybe the crimson)

Basic Theme:
Like, a very eerie and a hostile place with some blocks that you can phase through if you stay on it in a certain amount of time, and also it'll be filled with many tombstones and crosses maybe creepy statues in some places, just like a cemetery to be honest, and with many mist and fogs.

Color Scheme:
Bright White and Light Gray.

Enemies/Boss/Items: (Most mobs can be only damaged by magic attacks)

-Eamus nunc (Normal enemy) - A ghostly hand that is sticking out from the ground and can stop a player from moving, until it is killed. (Can be damaged by all damage types)
-Adiuva me (Normal enemy) - A bright white ghost that is standing still, until you move close enough it attacks you, it floats and phases through walls it inflicts blindness upon contact and it also goes invisible to surprise attack you, if it by the surprise attack you will receive a high amount of damage, but it is also slow moving. (Only magic damage)
-The Pardon (Normal enemy) - This mob is wandering around with a candle and praying if the mob sees you (like it's facing you) it will scream non stop and boost the spawn rate of enemies it will stop screaming if killed, it also attacks with it's candle sometimes but it's damage is really weak but it inflicts On Fire! debuff. (Only magic damage)
-Cursed Skull (Normal enemy) - It's a vanilla mob it does what it normally do.
-Crying Girl (It's like the Old Man in the dungeon, if you defeat the boss it will become a Town NPC) - Post golem npc that is sitting on a grave and crying, she doesn't attack you, but instead if you interact with her you will get a dialogue and a choice to defeat the boss to free her and to send all of the souls that is haunting her, if you choose to fight it, the boss fight will start instantly and she will be inside the boss.
-Libera me (BOSS) - It's a boss that is a bunch of souls mashed, a huge one in fact, (But I still have to think more stuff,)

I'll add more stuff later because i had to go to the beach lmfao.

Biome Name: The Frozen
Alternate of: Hell
Basic Theme: Others have probably had similar ideas to this, but I think it would be cool if there was an alternative to the burny, hot, lava-filled hell that was the inverse: a cold, barren wasteland with frozen over waters that petrify you if you so much as touch them.
Color Scheme: White and various greys.

I may update this to be more in-depth later on.

Biome Name: The Hollow

Alternate of:
A new one, (If not, maybe the crimson)

Basic Theme:
Like, a very eerie and a hostile place with some blocks that you can phase through if you stay on it in a certain amount of time, and also it'll be filled with many tombstones and crosses maybe creepy statues in some places, just like a cemetery to be honest, and with many mist and fogs.

Color Scheme:
Bright White and Light Gray.

Enemies/Boss/Items: (Most mobs can be only damaged by magic attacks)
-Eamus nunc
(Normal enemy) - A ghostly hand that is sticking out from the ground and can stop a player from moving, until it is killed. (Can be damaged by all damage types)
-Adiuva me (Normal enemy) - A bright white ghost that is standing still, until you move close enough it attacks you, it floats and phases through walls it inflicts blindness upon contact and it also goes invisible to surprise attack you, if it by the surprise attack you will receive a high amount of damage, but it is also slow moving. (Only magic damage)
-The Pardon (Normal enemy) - This mob is wandering around with a candle and praying if the mob sees you (like it's facing you) it will scream non stop and boost the spawn rate of enemies it will stop screaming if killed, it also attacks with it's candle sometimes but it's damage is really weak but it inflicts On Fire! debuff. (Only magic damage)
-Cursed Skull (Normal enemy) - It's a vanilla mob it does what it normally do.
-Crying Girl (It's like the Old Man in the dungeon, if you defeat the boss it will become a Town NPC) - Post golem npc that is sitting on a grave and crying, she doesn't attack you, but instead if you interact with her you will get a dialogue and a choice to defeat the boss to free her and to send all of the souls that is haunting her, if you choose to fight it, the boss fight will start instantly and she will be inside the boss.
-Libera me (BOSS) - It's a boss that is a bunch of souls mashed, a huge one in fact, (But I still have to think more stuff,)

I'll add more stuff later because i had to go to the beach lmfao.

Biome Name: The Frozen
Alternate of: Hell
Basic Theme: Others have probably had similar ideas to this, but I think it would be cool if there was an alternative to the burny, hot, lava-filled hell that was the inverse: a cold, barren wasteland with frozen over waters that petrify you if you so much as touch them.
Color Scheme: White and various greys.

I may update this to be more in-depth later on.

Hey nice ideas guys, I like the graveyard concept and the frozen hell one too. Frozen really reminds me of Cocytus from Dante's Inferno and that's really cool.

Last edited:
The Depth

Alternate of Hell

A series of wide caves and wasteland under a far drop from cavern layer. Filled with white sky scraper type futuristic buildings.

The wasteland is made of vanta black/moon grey blocks; the buildings chromium and electric blue.

I stole the concept from a lovely game called Steamworld Dig, as I've thought for years it would fit well in Terraria.

The Depth

Alternate of Hell

A series of wide caves and wasteland under a far drop from cavern layer. Filled with white sky scraper type futuristic buildings.

The wasteland is made of vanta black/moon grey blocks; the buildings chromium and electric blue.

I stole the concept from a lovely game called Steamworld Dig, as I've thought for years it would fit well in Terraria.

I've actually thought of something similar not long ago, it would really fit in as some kind of ruins from an old civilization! Reminds me of Zaun from LoL and I really like stuff that goes into that direction. We definitely need something along these lines in Terraria. (Or something -punk in general)

Ok I have awesome idea

Olympus

What you need to do to get there: there will be a new enemy called "Zeus's messenger" in the sky islands. it would look like a angry nimbus but 2x larger and it would drop a "Olympian scroll" you need to equip it and fly/build till you go off the screen

What is there: there will be NPC traders there and they would sell greek god related items and spawn stuff (still working on it) and at the middle there would be a big greek temple and that's where you fight the gods

Keep a look out on my page for more if my Olympus idea and leave a like if you think it's a good idea!

Ok I have awesome idea

Olympus

What you need to do to get there: there will be a new enemy called "Zeus's messenger" in the sky islands. it would look like a angry nimbus but 2x larger and it would drop a "Olympian scroll" you need to equip it and fly/build till you go off the screen

What is there: there will be NPC traders there and they would sell greek god related items and spawn stuff (still working on it) and at the middle there would be a big greek temple and that's where you fight the gods

Keep a look out on my page for more if my Olympus idea and leave a like if you think it's a good idea!

So like some sort of Arena mode? Definitely sounds interesting!

The Magma

Color: Crimson, Maroon, Light red

A biome that spawns on the surface after the moon lord is killed
Its basically Hell but on the surface with a lot of volcanoes,
Has a new ore called Carbon, Makes Carbon ingots which can be used with lunar fragments to make stronger armor,
Monsters: Lava Sucker (Sucks in lava and spits at players)
Molten Rock Elemental ( Like one of those granite rock monster thingys)
Boss: Magmasm ( A big fire spider thing that climbs on walls like a blood sucker?)

Ehh. Thats all i got for now

The Magma

Color: Crimson, Maroon, Light red

A biome that spawns on the surface after the moon lord is killed
Its basically Hell but on the surface with a lot of volcanoes,
Has a new ore called Carbon, Makes Carbon ingots which can be used with lunar fragments to make stronger armor,
Monsters: Lava Sucker (Sucks in lava and spits at players)
Molten Rock Elemental ( Like one of those granite rock monster thingys)
Boss: Magmasm ( A big fire spider thing that climbs on walls like a blood sucker?)

Ehh. Thats all i got for now

Mmh, I like the basic idea. If there would be some kind of mountain biome in Terraria, volcanoes could be the alts to that. But this as a post Moon Lord biome would be kind of unnecessary. Still, I like the idea that there is some fire type stuff besides Hell.

The Mura
Colour: Wood-coloured, Brown, red

An underground/cavern layer made on world start, on outer thirds like martian probes, with a wooden entrance on the surface with a sign
A Village with Japanese tones (Mura is japanese for village), and has more cobwebs than normal houses underground. Between 5-20 houses spawn with a large dojo that contains the Resting Royal.
Filled with chests containing the claws and foot spikes in normal chests, with shurikens, invis and swiftness pots.
Monsters: Ninja (45 HP, fast speed and has kunais that deal 10-20 dmg), Itsumade (250 HP, spews fire at 30dps, slow, but rare.)
Boss: The Emperor (1800 HP, gradually faster speed, with a sword in his hand, throws nunchucks that deal 16 dmg with slowness effect, and spawns a ninja every 15 seconds. Drops 1-3 gold, 11.11% of drop Holy Sword, 11.11% drop of ninja staff, with summons ninjas dealing 18 damage per hit, and treasure bag containing the bone lee drop of black belt and tabi, if done in expert.) He is spawned by mining him, like the plantera bulb, or by crafting him using 100 cobwebs and 15 old belts.
Holy Sword deals 21 damage and is autoswing. It can be used as a alternative for the muramasa in the nights edge craft.

Brilliant Waterfall Caverns
Color: Light Green, Cyan, Pink, Green and Violet

Around the cavern layer and basically a common biome, with cyan-coloured waterfalls, light green moss on stones that contour it, some vegetation and bright violet and pink crystals (unlike the original crystal stuff, it's used only for decoration and craft a waterfall tool). It is a very lighted place so it's not need a light source, this biome is like a basic idea of a "jungle" (i mean, the vegetation stuff and the size of the pre-defined caves in there), with one or two waterfall chests.

Their mobs are common mimics (only with a resprite with some crystals incrusted in the chest), sirens, fish, fireflies, giant butterflies (a little bit bigger than normal ones), various types of insects and waterfall watcher:
Siren: 200 HP, initially a passive mob, sings layed on a rock and it only attacks when the player get too closer or if he attacks her (40 dmg, attacks spiting semi-crystalized bright waterfall water);
Fish: 10 HP, critters, some of new fishs to complement the scenario and turn it more beautiful, althought if you catch it you can make sashimi or use as a new bait, kinda of 20% bait power;
Giant Butterfly: 125 HP, probably it's a passive mob too, stays on the "wall layer" landed, and drops a wings powder when attacked, giving the player the blindness buff and 100 dmg (note: giant butterfly it's 2 or 3 times bigger than the common critter)
Waterfall Watcher: 400 HP, the most strong mob of the biome, but a bit rare. Similar to granite spirit, it can frozen the player and give 120 ranged damage, can found hibernating or mining stones near the biome, he haves some skins variations like with moss, dripping water or with crystals in their "body".

Drops: Infinite Waterfall Cane(works as a infinite water bucket, great for building, dropped from waterfall mimics as 75% chance), Crystal Katana(dropped from siren in hardmode, can cause confusion and throws sharp crystals as projectiles, 93 dmg, very high speed, 5% chance), Nirvana Amulet(when equipped, the player that reaches 0 HP enter in a state of invicibility for 2 seconds and come back with 100~150 HP, dropped from waterfall mimics as 25% chance), Raging Butterfly Staff(rare drop from giant butterflies, summons tiny butterflies for fight for you, occupies 0,50 of minion slot and gaves 65 summon damage, similar to the spider staff, the butterflies goes to enemy ignoring collision to blocks and stay arround the enemy doing damage, 4% drop), Infinite Waterfall Hover (Dropped from waterfall watchers with 2,3% chance, work as a wing, but the appearance it's a tiny platform of water above the player doing an animation of a waterfall), another in-game items like wind anklet, waterfall block, aglet, flurry boots, white torches and potions, all found in waterfall chests too.

The objective for me in this biome it is more aesthetic, to make an underground base or NPC community, to get off the surface of common houses, but was something cool add some extra stuff and make more complete.. :kingslime::dryadgrin:

The Mura
Colour: Wood-coloured, Brown, red

An underground/cavern layer made on world start, on outer thirds like martian probes, with a wooden entrance on the surface with a sign
A Village with Japanese tones (Mura is japanese for village), and has more cobwebs than normal houses underground. Between 5-20 houses spawn with a large dojo that contains the Resting Royal.
Filled with chests containing the claws and foot spikes in normal chests, with shurikens, invis and swiftness pots.
Monsters: Ninja (45 HP, fast speed and has kunais that deal 10-20 dmg), Itsumade (250 HP, spews fire at 30dps, slow, but rare.)
Boss: The Emperor (1800 HP, gradually faster speed, with a sword in his hand, throws nunchucks that deal 16 dmg with slowness effect, and spawns a ninja every 15 seconds. Drops 1-3 gold, 11.11% of drop Holy Sword, 11.11% drop of ninja staff, with summons ninjas dealing 18 damage per hit, and treasure bag containing the bone lee drop of black belt and tabi, if done in expert.) He is spawned by mining him, like the plantera bulb, or by crafting him using 100 cobwebs and 15 old belts.
Holy Sword deals 21 damage and is autoswing. It can be used as a alternative for the muramasa in the nights edge craft.

This is an amazing idea, I think the caves could really need some more mini-Biomes with more enemies and drops. A Japanese themed biome is especially cool in my opinion.

Brilliant Waterfall Caverns
Color: Light Green, Cyan, Pink, Green and Violet

Around the cavern layer and basically a common biome, with cyan-coloured waterfalls, light green moss on stones that contour it, some vegetation and bright violet and pink crystals (unlike the original crystal stuff, it's used only for decoration and craft a waterfall tool). It is a very lighted place so it's not need a light source, this biome is like a basic idea of a "jungle" (i mean, the vegetation stuff and the size of the pre-defined caves in there), with one or two waterfall chests.

Their mobs are common mimics (only with a resprite with some crystals incrusted in the chest), sirens, fish, fireflies, giant butterflies (a little bit bigger than normal ones), various types of insects and waterfall watcher:
Siren: 200 HP, initially a passive mob, sings layed on a rock and it only attacks when the player get too closer or if he attacks her (40 dmg, attacks spiting semi-crystalized bright waterfall water);
Fish: 10 HP, critters, some of new fishs to complement the scenario and turn it more beautiful, althought if you catch it you can make sashimi or use as a new bait, kinda of 20% bait power;
Giant Butterfly: 125 HP, probably it's a passive mob too, stays on the "wall layer" landed, and drops a wings powder when attacked, giving the player the blindness buff and 100 dmg (note: giant butterfly it's 2 or 3 times bigger than the common critter)
Waterfall Watcher: 400 HP, the most strong mob of the biome, but a bit rare. Similar to granite spirit, it can frozen the player and give 120 ranged damage, can found hibernating or mining stones near the biome, he haves some skins variations like with moss, dripping water or with crystals in their "body".

Drops: Infinite Waterfall Cane(works as a infinite water bucket, great for building, dropped from waterfall mimics as 75% chance), Crystal Katana(dropped from siren in hardmode, can cause confusion and throws sharp crystals as projectiles, 93 dmg, very high speed, 5% chance), Nirvana Amulet(when equipped, the player that reaches 0 HP enter in a state of invicibility for 2 seconds and come back with 100~150 HP, dropped from waterfall mimics as 25% chance), Raging Butterfly Staff(rare drop from giant butterflies, summons tiny butterflies for fight for you, occupies 0,50 of minion slot and gaves 65 summon damage, similar to the spider staff, the butterflies goes to enemy ignoring collision to blocks and stay arround the enemy doing damage, 4% drop), Infinite Waterfall Hover (Dropped from waterfall watchers with 2,3% chance, work as a wing, but the appearance it's a tiny platform of water above the player doing an animation of a waterfall), another in-game items like wind anklet, waterfall block, aglet, flurry boots, white torches and potions, all found in waterfall chests too.

The objective for me in this biome it is more aesthetic, to make an underground base or NPC community, to get off the surface of common houses, but was something cool add some extra stuff and make more complete.. :kingslime::dryadgrin:

Now this is an idea that is really nice. An underground waterfall is something I personally never thought of but which could serve as a beautiful biome.

Heaven

In another dimension like place would be heaven. it is only accessible after killing moon lord and can only be reached by dying. You must make a sacrifice to go there; you give up all your progress and start over. however, this time you get much more health to start off with. you get free golden armor and angel wings. And finally, the whole place is like a cloud biome, with lowered gravity. You can leave heaven and come back to earth whenever you want but as soon as you are even touched by a single enemy you are sent right back up to heaven and all the progress you have made on earth is deleted. this would be interesting for people doing post moon lord fighting who thing they can handle the challenge.

p.s. there is already a 'hell' in terraria so a heaven would really balance it out.

Heaven

In another dimension like place would be heaven. it is only accessible after killing moon lord and can only be reached by dying. You must make a sacrifice to go there; you give up all your progress and start over. however, this time you get much more health to start off with. you get free golden armor and angel wings. And finally, the whole place is like a cloud biome, with lowered gravity. You can leave heaven and come back to earth whenever you want but as soon as you are even touched by a single enemy you are sent right back up to heaven and all the progress you have made on earth is deleted. this would be interesting for people doing post moon lord fighting who thing they can handle the challenge.

p.s. there is already a 'hell' in terraria so a heaven would really balance it out.

This sounds like an interesting concept but the fact that you have to die to get there makes this a little bit unpractical. Using an item or a new way would be much better. Still, heaven would be a great addition imo.

Back
Top Bottom