If you were to make an MMO...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teal

Eater of Worlds
Hi, recently I was posed this question--I found it rather difficult to answer and intriguing. Since I found it rather enjoyable, and couldn't derive an answer, I figured I'd make a thread to see what you guys could come up with. The idea is to come up with a title for an MMO, without having an in-depth knowledge of what the game would be or its concepts. Pretty easy stuff, but to keep true to the challenge I've a few rules.
divider.png

---Rules/How to---

Create a title for an MMO that you were to supposedly create.

Please put the following, if decided to include, in a spoiler: Explain how this title would relate to the game or story. Detail the game concepts and storyline.

Ag6Yhot.png
This was an idea by @Shadow Gamer!

Hmmm, I asked you this so I will have trouble answering this. How about:

League of Heroes of the Warcraft

I kid, my real answer is:

I don't know, I can't think of an answer! Gahhh How about... I dunno

I've thought of my answer, I don't know why. Maiden of Moonflower.

I've always been a fan of the more ambient game titles. Like 'Grim Fandango' -- you don't get the context until later in the game when prodding is done. The game title is explained from a segment of poetry, brief albeit. Folklore and the music accompanying legends and heroes are always intriguing ways to introduce story-line or themes in games--for those who actually care or pay attention to that stuff. It is like the bards in Skyrim. So picture a tavern, or even a singer out on the streets singing of the 'Maiden of Moonflower' a silent female assassin who killed her victims with moonflower poison.

Homeland: The Warring States

It would be a turn based strategy MMORPG, where you control a group of characters (or armies) and the goal is to defend your city from your opponents while at the same time conquering other cities to increase your City's (which would become a country after growing to 5 or more cities) power.

I would make it this way, because I've recently found that games like Civilization or 4x games in general are very fun where you initially control 1 city (or on the galactic scale 1 planet) then expand to bring other cities into your country or build more. It would be about the growth of your homeland and making other lands a part of it. The Warring States is a reference to Feudal Japan where the territory was divided up by around 50 pieces and each territory fought to gain other land and try to unify Japan.

10-50 players would start on a randomly generated map and the winner would be the last one standing naturally. If a player loses their capital city (the city they start with at the beginning) They would be eliminated and have to start a new game on a new map, but their skills would carry over to preserve the rpg aspect.

The Future Past Us
It's about a scientist who, to fund his research, goes on adventures, and I keep it this vague because I might actually make it.

If I made an MMO it would be Cave MMO.

A Cave Story MMO with a level creator and level sharing features.

If you don't know what Cave Story is you should r--banned--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom