Game Mechanics Incorporate smaller mods

Protean_Entity

Empress of Light
If the game devs decide to add something new to the game, I would recommend incorporating smaller mods that they feel only improve the game.
I don't mean mods like Calamity, as those are too large and skew the difficulty of the game too much. I mean something along the lines of Mech Transfer. It adds a good deal of cool features that can probably be polished or redone.
I'll admit that this idea is not my own. It's something Nicalis does with The Binding of Isaac. First just with booster packs, and eventually getting a whole dlc from a mod too.
The work must have been immense for that.
But the mod team and game dev team worked together.

Mech Transfer adds features that aren't in Terraria in a way that you're not forced to use it, but will give more variety to the game. Such as collection dropped loot and storing it in chests. Or Automating crafting etc.

Another mod that is definitely worth looking at would be Magic Storage. However, this has such an impact on the game that I believe it should fall under being a requirement if it is implemented. Which takes away from the feel of terraria. Terraria is a game where any road you choose will lead you to your destination. Some roads are fast, some are slow, some are difficult. But they all get you to where you're going.

And finally there's the Wire Mod. Which is absolutely insane for what it's already capable of doing. But not exactly the easiest to use for the layman. And yes, while the logic gates in Terraria can be used for computing, it isn't something just anyone can do, but almost anyone could learn to use the logic gates in other albeit simpler ways. So while it would be welcome, it may be a complicated feature for a game.

This is just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom