Game Mechanics Increase the amount the screen can be zoomed out as a tiny change for 1.4.5!

Trypophobia

Terrarian
I was playing Terraria earlier, and noticed how much I wanted the screen to zoom out just a tiny bit more. I think this would be a great addition to top of 1.4.5, something like 20% bigger zoom out

The max zoom-out(?) is already enough to see enemies spawn on screen, on top of Red already disliking playing at such zoom levels. So I doubt this would be added. If you'd like to see further the binoculars or scope and stuff are options, albeit slightly annoying to use.

it's just that adding further zoom would make the game really cheat-y enemy and event-wise. It's a nice thought on paper, but not so much in execution. More world would have to be generated on screen at once, which would affect performance. And probably a handful of other issues I can't think of right now.

The max zoom-out(?) is already enough to see enemies spawn on screen, on top of Red already disliking playing at such zoom levels. So I doubt this would be added. If you'd like to see further the binoculars or scope and stuff are options, albeit slightly annoying to use.
Are you referring to a mod? For vanilla the max zoom out you cannot see enemies spawning (unless on the border)

This game doesn't need further zoom, for PC just make sure you're resolution is correct and you'll be able to zoom out as much as you need. Like leviathan said you aren't allowed to zoom out further due to the way enemy spawn mechanics work.

it's just that adding further zoom would make the game really cheat-y enemy and event-wise. It's a nice thought on paper, but not so much in execution. More world would have to be generated on screen at once, which would affect performance. And probably a handful of other issues I can't think of right now.
Maybe max zoom is higher on PC. Just always felt it was too small on Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom