Mobile Incredibly poor Android performance compared to iOS

Majorpo's Borpo

Terrarian
So, I've considered first that it was just my hardware. I had previously used terraria on android on a HTC EVO 1 (Which has long been lost, unknown specs.) and had noticed immediately that the framerates were god awful, and it was prone to seemingly random freezes and crashes.
I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, practically brand new with Android version 4.2.2, and Google Play Terraria version 11580 (According to my options menu) and am getting just about the same results. I have about 3.5 GB of available data left on the device memory, and more than 27 GB available on my SD card, I've made sure to clear up as much storage space as possible in both, I have made sure to disable power saving, or any other performance affecting feature on the tablet, and also made sure to disable live wallpapers, etc etc.
To no avail, Terraria on android fails to perform at anything higher than maybe 15-20 FPS.
Now, I have a few buddies that have terraria on iOS, and lo and behold, their games are running flawlessly compared to mine- Fantastic framerates, zero input delays, so on and so forth.
Has anyone else noticed this in the past? Is it just me? I'd love some feedback, as after looking up this issue I've come up with nothing.
Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
At the risk of sounding rude, there's your problem. Provided it's the 7" version, the hardware on that thing is probably outmatched by a potato. The Tab 2 has an old CPU (single-core on the 7", dual-core on the 10.1", both clocked at 1 GHz) with an old PowerVR chip for the graphics processing. I have a Zenfone 2 and the game runs flawlessly, so I can vouch for 505 in that regard.
Also, just so you know, remaining hard drive space isn't a huge factor in performance unless it's absolutely stuffed.

You realize how much storage you have carries very little weight in how well your device can handle the game, and enabling power saving mode would only lower game performance. What you need to be looking at rather than space is device specs. No offense, but you seem to be throwing in a lot of technical terminology that you have no idea as to what the meaning behind it is. iOS devices run the game much better because currently iOS hardware is much more advanced than basically anything else you'll find on android, especially an android such as the Tab 2. Unfortunately with Android being as open sourced as it is, companies tend to make devices that can hardly handle their own OS. Such as the Asus Memo Pad which struggles to navigate the menu due to poor design quality. iOS will handle almost any game on the market better than android. It's not 505's fault.

Back
Top Bottom