tModLoader Infinity

Oh, I understand that much. I guess I'm more just curious how exactly Terraria does handle modded items, since I'm admittedly interested in game programming (although I have like no experience) just cause.
So you want a Infinite Modded Ammo? Interesting.

So you want a Infinite Modded Ammo? Interesting.

Well I'm more interested in future compatibility with some other mods, such as the Dart Expansion mod for example (which adds a bunch of Dart-centric content, most notably including a ton of dart types), than I necessarily am in a "Infinite Modded Ammo", per say.

Really what I'm more asking is the way in which Terraria's programming goes about assigning IDs to any modded item, since I would assume it still needs to have an identifier of some kind, so that conflicts with vanilla don't happen. As someone with an interest in how games are programmed under the hood, it's a question that interests me since I don't really know the answer based on my limited understanding of item IDs (though I wonder if perhaps it's similar to how Fallout handles DLC items, where the first 2 digits of the ID vary based on load order).

I'm to lazy to see if this was posted already but Unholy Arrows seem to drop as items when shot from bows (while using the endless version). This is a huge duplication glitch that basically allows for infinite money. Might want to check that out.

I'm to lazy to see if this was posted already but Unholy Arrows seem to drop as items when shot from bows (while using the endless version). This is a huge duplication glitch that basically allows for infinite money. Might want to check that out.
Happens with all of them, even the vanilla arrow quiver.

Holy cow, just checked the wiki, that is broken as all get up. I'm rich! I don't feel like I'm exploiting a bug anymore!

Holy cow, just checked the wiki, that is broken as all get up. I'm rich! I don't feel like I'm exploiting a bug anymore!
I see you must be new to Terraria. Let me give you a little advice there friend. Money is literally worthless in the game and is so easy to make that you eventually wonder how you didn't have so much money in the first place.

Also Pirate Invasion will be your greatest friend.

No I'm not new, and I regret to inform you that early game money can be the difference between survival in hardmode and quick painful death. Also mods make money even more worthwhile in the effect of being able to buy certain materials from added npcs. Just because you think money is worthless doesn't mean others don't have a different play style. Also reforging is expensive as hell, I've dropped close to 4 or 5 plat coins on a single weapon getting the perfect prefix (I have bad luck). So, Infinite Money is a bit helpful.

No I'm not new, and I regret to inform you that early game money can be the difference between survival in hardmode and quick painful death. Also mods make money even more worthwhile in the effect of being able to buy certain materials from added npcs. Just because you think money is worthless doesn't mean others don't have a different play style. Also reforging is expensive as hell, I've dropped close to 4 or 5 plat coins on a single weapon getting the perfect prefix (I have bad luck). So, Infinite Money is a bit helpful.
Slime King. Eye of Cthulhu. EoW/BoC. These guys in early mode are very easy to farm stuff for. Depending on luck with drops (ruby for King) you can make a plat in just about a single night. Granted that's only after you're capable of killing them and class dependent on certain ones. Also certain mods (like Thorium) sell boss summon items with some npcs very early on so you can farm bosses even easier. As a potted man in another game once told me "You gotta spend money to make money"

Anyways it was just a playful jab at how money is farmable and even more so in modded games.

@Chime

I don't know what bosses you're summoning, but early on those bosses (other than slime king) (in expert) are not easy to farm at all. I don't know what game you are playing but I've had an easier time just selling dye mats and dyes from Strange Plants than farming some of those bosses. Half the time those bosses take materials and stuff to beat that I don't have a surplus of. Unless you're spending the first nights rushing the best gear and stuff, I don't see how those bosses are considered "easy" unless you're not talking about expert worlds.

@Chime

I don't know what bosses you're summoning, but early on those bosses (other than slime king) (in expert) are not easy to farm at all. I don't know what game you are playing but I've had an easier time just selling dye mats and dyes from Strange Plants than farming some of those bosses. Half the time those bosses take materials and stuff to beat that I don't have a surplus of. Unless you're spending the first nights rushing the best gear and stuff, I don't see how those bosses are considered "easy" unless you're not talking about expert worlds.
I only ever play Expert but look at it this way. If you can kill the EoC then you can farm him. Slime King is my usual go to guy because he's so laughably easy to kill though. Eater/Brain is super simple if you get lucky with a water bolt or if you get some piercing arrows. Hell if you get SUPER lucky an Arkhalis basically destroys the biome bosses but for the unluckier people Eater and Brain both are easily dismissed in much the same way. Also biome depending nets you a gun which can make pretty easy work of the Eye as well.

I only ever play Expert but look at it this way. If you can kill the EoC then you can farm him. Slime King is my usual go to guy because he's so laughably easy to kill though. Eater/Brain is super simple if you get lucky with a water bolt or if you get some piercing arrows. Hell if you get SUPER lucky an Arkhalis basically destroys the biome bosses but for the unluckier people Eater and Brain both are easily dismissed in much the same way. Also biome depending nets you a gun which can make pretty easy work of the Eye as well.
thanks and is too easy to get money with gold bullets infinite lower the amount of money earned by killing an enemy if you can do it

Back
Top Bottom