PC INSANE tmodloader lag

Annthonii

Steampunker
hey! ive been trying to play tmodloader with my friends, but ive been experiencing serious lag. im basically stuck on 1 - 3 fps at all times. i know this isnt my game settings as ive made those the lowest i can, i know its not my mods because all i have is calamity, recipe browser, boss checklist and i know its not my ram because i have 8gbs. anyone know why this is happening? my gpu is a gt630M and my cpu is an intel pentium. please help!

edit: you can contact me on discord: _ant#0001

You should deactive one of the mods at a time and see if it improves the performance, and then activate only that mod and see if the performance plummets again: if it doesn't, that means it's mod incompatibility shenanighans; if it does, the mod is very unoptimized. Also what versions of each mods are you using?

You should deactive one of the mods at a time and see if it improves the performance, and then activate only that mod and see if the performance plummets again: if it doesn't, that means it's mod incompatibility shenanighans; if it does, the mod is very unoptimized. Also what versions of each mods are you using?
it's only calamity, boss checklist and recipe browser. these should all work with each other perfectly fine! also, should be the latest versions

Your GPU is a mobile GPU and from 2011. Your cpu is <2010 Era. So just think about this for a hot minute.

You only barely meet the LOWEST requirements for TERRARIA, not even tModLoader

Well, I don't wanna say that the CPU is garbage, but it is essentially the problem here. Terraria is a game that rely massively on your CPU and very little on GPU, even then your GPU is fairly old as they came out in 2012. I'll assume you play on laptop, so you have to take in account that a laptop is also twice as weak as a desktop variant of the same piece (or similar one), I'm also gonna assume that 8GB of RAM is DDR3 and is single channeled (dual if you are lucky). In conclusion, the computer you use have outdated spec that would be good for maybe the base game but not modded with calamity. To fix this, you'll need to get a new PC, but you probably do not have the money for it rn.

hey! ive been trying to play tmodloader with my friends, but ive been experiencing serious lag. im basically stuck on 1 - 3 fps at all times. i know this isnt my game settings as ive made those the lowest i can, i know its not my mods because all i have is calamity, recipe browser, boss checklist and i know its not my ram because i have 8gbs. anyone know why this is happening? my gpu is a gt630M and my cpu is an intel pentium. please help!

edit: you can contact me on discord: _ant#0001
If you are using the AlchemistNPC or AlchemistNPCLite mods, turn off "Lifeform Analyzer Pointer" setting in the mod settings

It lags out your game a ton sometimes

If you're not, try just removing the mods, 1 by 1, until it gets fixed

Well, I don't wanna say that the CPU is garbage, but it is essentially the problem here. Terraria is a game that rely massively on your CPU and very little on GPU, even then your GPU is fairly old as they came out in 2012. I'll assume you play on laptop, so you have to take in account that a laptop is also twice as weak as a desktop variant of the same piece (or similar one), I'm also gonna assume that 8GB of RAM is DDR3 and is single channeled (dual if you are lucky). In conclusion, the computer you use have outdated spec that would be good for maybe the base game but not modded with calamity. To fix this, you'll need to get a new PC, but you probably do not have the money for it rn.
I've found that changing the priority of the game makes me less laggy. Tmodloader 64bit also makes me lag less, but i'm unsure of if the mods are gonna be buggy because of an older Tmodloader version.

I've found that changing the priority of the game makes me less laggy. Tmodloader 64bit also makes me lag less, but i'm unsure of if the mods are gonna be buggy because of an older Tmodloader version.
what do u mean changing the priority of the game and how im new with computers

what do u mean changing the priority of the game and how im new with computers
I know i shouldn't answer a post who's 1 years old but in Task Manager, left click on .NET Host, then select the 1st one and right click on it. Click on details, you should then have that
1701825861769.png

Click on the highest dotnet.exe on the list, right click on it and then click on the 5th option then select "High"

Back
Top Bottom