PC Insta-closes the game with no errors.

South

Terrarian
I posted about this error before under another thread but I'm not sure if that will get a respond because that thread was about Terraria v1.3.x and was posted in like mid-2019. Sorry if I'm doing smth wrong, I'm generally new on forums :(
So, I used to play terraria like years ago and I wanted to start again. I tried to launch, my steam name turned green and... nothing happened. The game didn't respond at all. It turned back to blue and the game was launchable again. I tried every single thing I've found on internet:

Verifying the files via Steam (it says "one file found" and downloads for a second then it doesn't change something)

Launching the game on another user

Reinstalling Terraria, XNA and .NET frameworks (I even tried a cracked terraria)

Finding missing dll's by hand (via Process Monitor) and installing them one by one (they are: clr.dll, mscworks.dll -these ones were missing in c/windows/microsoft.net/framework/vX.X.XXX)-, MsMpLics.dll, ISDone.dll, Unarc.dll -I'm not certainly sure but these ones were missing in syswow64 and/or system32)

The problem must be with the .NET and/or XNA things. I tried to completely delete them and install back but... didn't work.

I can learn to give more info if somebody can help me. I really miss 60fps terraria gameplay :/ Currently I'm playing on phone and I can't get over 30fps and worse thing is I get 5 fps at 3rd stage Old One's Army and i just cant pass even level 3 :( Thank you so much if you have come this far!!

Three days? No one here?
Okay so recently I tried to get logs from steam with startup settings -logerrors -logfile and there was no Terraria in "My Games" folder so I couldn't find any logs. I forgot to paste the error in start-server:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException
konum: Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
konum: Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

(konum means path/location)

I re-checked my ProcMon and there were tons of msvcp100.dll error. I fixed them all by hand (some of the errors were not supposed to show, as the dll was already in the written folders) but as I expected, no changes.
I feel completely lost at this point. Any game would start working at max 3 tries. This? I used to play, I have like 15 hours on steam and bum, randomly broken, not fixed after 100 different trys. I necro'd like 5 posts and still didn't manage to get some help. Can someone at least tell me where to look for help? I don't think there's a better place than here but if theres one, I'll be grateful if you can tell me.

I posted this thread and posting here again because I thought it was about my pc, not a bug from Journey's End.
and currently am still helpless. I think I've told everything I can tell in the thread except infos that I don't know/can't give. Can someone please please please help me? It's been a week w/o Terraria now :(

I posted this thread and posting here again because I thought it was about my pc, not a bug from Journey's End.
and currently am still helpless. I think I've told everything I can tell in the thread except infos that I don't know/can't give. Can someone please please please help me? It's been a week w/o Terraria now :(
Hi South,
Please don't post multiple threads for the same issue. If you think one is in the wrong place, report it and we'll move it for you. I've merged the two threads for now.

I'm stuck with a very similar issue. No one has come to help yet. It's been like this since september.

I'm stuck with a very similar issue. No one has come to help yet. It's been like this since september.
Hey dude! I saw your comments on other threads too, I feel you. Since there was NO ONE here to help for my game after 10 days (everyone gets a reply after 1-3 days and yours is even worse) and one mod came like a thunder when I did a mistake about forums, I thought there was no help coming from here and resetted my OS. Deleted and reinstalled the game. Works perfectly on first try. Thats not even a real solution at all but I had to do this anyway cuz of low storage so nothing changed for me. If you dont know how but still are willing to do this and have two different storages (one has OS and other has games, documents etc.) it is easily done with minimum data loss, at least for Windows. -You'll lose your dll's, drivers etc. too so most of the games will give errors when first launched- Your pc must not be too old and you need a 8+GB USB flash to be emptied. It is simply explained on internet and u can still ask me to help if you want. Wish you best luck and a great day!

Hey dude! I saw your comments on other threads too, I feel you. Since there was NO ONE here to help for my game after 10 days (everyone gets a reply after 1-3 days and yours is even worse) and one mod came like a thunder when I did a mistake about forums, I thought there was no help coming from here and resetted my OS. Deleted and reinstalled the game. Works perfectly on first try. Thats not even a real solution at all but I had to do this anyway cuz of low storage so nothing changed for me. If you dont know how but still are willing to do this and have two different storages (one has OS and other has games, documents etc.) it is easily done with minimum data loss, at least for Windows. -You'll lose your dll's, drivers etc. too so most of the games will give errors when first launched- Your pc must not be too old and you need a 8+GB USB flash to be emptied. It is simply explained on internet and u can still ask me to help if you want. Wish you best luck and a great day!

Yeah... I still got nothing. Some people also suggested just reseting my OS, but... I've got amost 1,5TB of storage used up -- many things are surely not needed anymore and can be lost, while many others are in fact important. I've got only one storage, sadly. So I'd need to back up my data before, which will probably take a really long time -- and I also don't have any external drivers to store it securely. I'd have to buy one. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not yet, but I'm thinking about it. Thanks for the reply and help! Means a lot.

Back
Top Bottom