Game Mechanics Inventory/Storage - Right click function with held stacks

Tamorr

Terrarian
First note: I am not overly fond of the quick stack feature, but I see why it was put the way it is in 1.3. The fact it deposits other similar stacks beyond the initial one already in chest does annoy me a bit. I can see the use in it, however even with the favorite option; it still for me makes inventory management roughly the same as before. I tend to sort things myself individually. In this new system I figured out a way to work around the new way quick stack works. That is placing a single block or stackable item in a slot to hold it for only that item type. This is what leads me to my suggestion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right Click Function with Held Stack:

When in inventory while holding a stack with cursor, it would be nice to place a single unit of that stack with Right-click in a slot, So it can quicken the process in which I personally organize. A simple feature that I am sure some wouldn't mind.

This is mainly intended for storage use. This will at least add some speed to the work around I mentioned. They have 1 unit of stack with right clicking when it is already placed in storage, but not the other way around. Which is what I am suggesting for addition.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final note: I don't really want the removal of the new way quick stack is done; I just am looking for a thing that will ease my storage management a bit. It is a wonderful feature, and can see plenty of use for it. So proposing something that will work along side or add to the functionality, even if indirectly can go a bit a ways to people that organize the way I go about it. Plus it helps in setting up a chest for quick stacking only certain items in chest; fewer click n drags.

I agree with the mixed feelings of the quick stack function. and I've done the same kind of work around as Tamorr for some things.

However I have a suggestion to add a lock feature to some inventory slots (other than the hotbar) so that slot is not auto sorted into chests. I keep things like wood, potions, torches and gel in my inventory, but not in the hotbar, so when I use quick stack into nearby chests, if the chest hasn't been set up perfectly, I have to manually go back into the chests and pull those items back out.

I agree with the mixed feelings of the quick stack function. and I've done the same kind of work around as Tamorr for some things.

However I have a suggestion to add a lock feature to some inventory slots (other than the hotbar) so that slot is not auto sorted into chests. I keep things like wood, potions, torches and gel in my inventory, but not in the hotbar, so when I use quick stack into nearby chests, if the chest hasn't been set up perfectly, I have to manually go back into the chests and pull those items back out.

Yeah that is basically what I had to do, until I figured out how to do the "Favorite" feature. Which is still a bit clunky in the way that i go about things. I meant I can't fill a stack in the chest when something is favorited. It only makes new stacks if I have not setup prior, with the unfavorited. I think it is the ALT key I believe. Unfortunately it has to be done with each individual item, but still a work around to what you are asking.

To lock other bars/lines in inventory would be interesting as well.:dryadsmile:

Back
Top Bottom